Search results

1. redclayhd

Progress So Far.

Painted the frame. The pic looks good but it has some ugly flaws in person. I'm doing some touch ups tomorrow. All in all, I'm actually pleased with it. I sanded it on the porch with poor lighting. Then I painted it outside in the dark - with a flashlight in one hand and a can of spray paint in...
  2. redclayhd

Progress So Far.

3. redclayhd

Progress So Far.

I would have loved the Mooneyes. The girls might not have appreciated them as much as grandpa, though. LOL
  4. redclayhd

Any Bicycle Enthusiasts?

I'm also building my daughter-in-law a bike, too. I've got a 30-40 year old women's Huffy beach cruiser bare frame. Unlike my son, she likes high rise bars and that's what she will get. I'm going to buy some new purple wheels to go on it and will paint it yellow except the fenders. I covered...
  5. redclayhd

Any Bicycle Enthusiasts?

Here's a Schwinn Typhoon I built for my son to ride with his wife and daughters. It's what I consider a Rat Bike. I started with a bare frame that had the original seat, forks/handlebars and crankset. I bought a new men's Huffy beach cruiser from Walmart to get wheels the color I wanted. He...
  6. redclayhd

Progress So Far.

Made a decision on a decal for the little panels behing the neck of the MM B80. My 9 yr old granddaughter said she wanted "flame" decals. I like flames, so that was good! Then, her 6 yr old little sister said she did NOT want flames! The 6 yr old is the meekest of my 5 granddaughters and the...
  7. redclayhd

Any Bicycle Enthusiasts?

What? Schwinn doesn't make BBQs? Well, back to my Christmas list and make a modification!
  8. redclayhd

Any Bicycle Enthusiasts?

Love the pic. Since you appear to be so organized and ur stuff is nicer than mine, I may not like you, though. LOL Just kidding. Wish my toys looked that nice and were displayed like that!
  9. redclayhd

Any Bicycle Enthusiasts?

Beautiful bike! Beautiful job!
  10. redclayhd

valve seat cutting

Well, I know that and I'm STILL a dumb ass. Just ask my wife - she'll tell you. LOL
  11. redclayhd

Any Bicycle Enthusiasts?

Sears Spaceliner - Best I can tell, it's a 1966. The date code on the original tires was the last quarter of 1966. Those tires are on it now (and in the pic). I replaced the original tubes to make it a little more roadworthy for occasional short rides. The other bike was my grandfather's, that...
  12. redclayhd

valve seat cutting

Let me be the first to apologize for my part in steering this thread off track. Everybody can feel free to hijack any of my posts - I don't mind. Dave Marcus? How about them "wingtips"? LOL
  13. redclayhd

Progress So Far.

I know all of the OldMiniBikes members have been losing sleep waiting on me to post some pics of my fine, impressive looking AND powerful "new" MM B80! Well, here it is. Picked it up for 25 or 50 dollars a few months ago. It was running - just not good enuf to pull my fat rear end! I took it all apart...
  14. redclayhd

valve seat cutting

Yep. I didn't know or didn't remember about the gas cap, just knew he pressurized and swelled the tank. LOL Those were the good ol' days of racing.
  15. redclayhd

valve seat cutting

I'm guessing it wasn't much of a secret. The SERDI rep knew it because he worked closely with his NASCAR customers. But, it was probably the "trick of the week" or "season". Science and science principles are "science". All of those sneaky "work arounds" are the secrets that they try to conceal...
  16. redclayhd

valve seat cutting

Would you be referring to the same Smokey Yunick that would shoot compressed air in his fuel tank after tech inspection - which would expand the tank so it would hold a little extra fuel? Or the same Smokey Yunick that would knock the ring gear off of his flywheel and drill radial holes in it to...
  17. redclayhd

valve seat cutting

To me, "Flow" is the most interesting part of engines and engine building. I haven't done as much practical application as I'd like. When I worked on automotive heads for a living, I was too busy doing basic stuff to get to experiment very much. Way more stock builds and not nearly enuf...
  18. redclayhd

Off Topic Motorcycle For Sale

I am glad you shared this. I had never heard of "Bring a Trailer". (I lead a sheltered life. LOL) I look forward to checking out all of the vehicles on auction regularly. I Googled the site as soon as I read ur post and the first car I noticed was a gull wing 300SL Mercedes. Back in the early...
  19. redclayhd

Things to do while you are in quarantine

I hate to say it but my life hasn't changed much during this "zombie apocalypse". I live a dull, boring life all the time, anyway. LOL Staying home is no problem when most everything I have needs repair. I'm NEVER bored! For years now I've joked about present occupation. Since I retired I tell...
  20. redclayhd

valve seat cutting

I asked the "rep" why they cut 9 angles. He said "cause it works for them". I couldn't argue with that. LOL And I agree with 65ShelbyClone about "a flow difference between nine angles and a radius" because, wouldn't science tell us that air running over a smooth radius would flow better than...