Search results

1. J

Speedway Shrike - Butcher Bird

Interested in Speedway Shrike - Butcher Bird. Loved it from the first time I saw one at Wade's Kart shop in Boyertown, PA. Would like to add one to my current collection. Looking for restored or unrestored.
  2. J

Taco Minibike

Unfamiliar with the Taco bikes. What makes them special?
  3. J

Nesco

Anyone going this weekend?
  4. J

Series 525 air cleaner help

Wanted to use a new B&S engine on an ARCO so that I could keep the gas tank on the engine. Picked up a B&S 525 series because height was good to fit in frame. Screwed up and didn't consider how the carb was mounted on the engine. It has an intake that sets the carb down low right into my rear...
  5. J

ARCO Kickstand

Does anyone have a good photo of how the ARCO kickstands attach to the frame? I have an original one for my ARCO but I believe I must be missing a part. There doesn't appear to be a stop, the kickstand swings 180-degrees. Any help would be much appreciated.
  6. J

Future Project - Any Idea of Make?

Cleaned this one up last night to put in project que. Any idea of make would be appreciated. Looks like fork was twisted somewhere along its life. Any recommendation for replacement forks?
  7. J

Summer Arco Project

Completed this summer project last Thursday....see my photos. Took it to Blue Diamond to ride...track was way out of our element!
  8. J

Chopper with Springe Frontend

Picked this up this summer going to make a winter project out of it. Would appreciate any idea of make and history.
  9. J

ARCO fuel tank and brake pedal cover

Restoring a couple of ARCO bikes with new briggs engines. Not enough frame height to install engines with tanks attached. Looking for inexpensive tanks to mount on or below top frame rail. Also looking for a cover/grip to replace a worn out foot brake cover. Any supplier names appreciated.
  10. J

Carlisle Tires

Trying to assemble a 6-inch azusalite wheel to a 6-inch carlisle knobby. Having difficulty getting the tire on the wheel. Tried soap didn't help. Any suggestions? Recently did the same with a 5-inch wheel and had no problems....so I'm a bit stumped.
  11. J

Stumped by Flo-jet Carb

Have a late 60's early 70's 80300 series B&S with the 2-piece flo jet carb. Trying to get engine running but having trouble with carb. Have installed rebuild kit and new float. Problem is that when bowl is empty and I turn on fuel from tank the engine starts and runs until it appears to flood...