Search results

1. R

Hello from Portland, OR

Better Late than Never Well, time sure has a funny way of slipping by. Here are a lot more pics of my Taco clone. It is now all flat black, except for a the stainless gas tank. We also added a break pedal with all-thread linking rod for more pull on the weak drum break. I can't find any recent...
  2. R

Just a boy and his Mickey

Very cool....My buddies and I dreamed of cruising in So Cal like that as kids. Thanks for posting.
  3. R

Keystone mini bike

That is AWESOME!! Very nice work. I love the exhaust.
  4. R

Creation of a Taco Frijole Seat

I'm three years late, but there's not a lot I wouldn't give for one of these seats. Nice work Rawtone! :thumbsup:
  5. R

winter wood project

We digress. Anyways, back to the thread. That is a beautiful piece of wood. I am a big fan of clear polyurethane clear coat, especially for a table. It is very durable against liquids. Ultimately, the best way to finish a nice wood project is like any other project. Two barstools and a few cold...
  6. R

Exercise Your Right Today

Voted! Doesn't matter who you vote for, as long as you vote. To many people have died for that honor, or died trying to get the honor for us lucky citizens not to do what's right.
  7. R

Hi from Italy

Welcome! Sounds like you have some cool stuff. Bring on the pics!
  8. R

Lighted Mini Bike

Good call! I didn't even think about using one off of a tractor. How small do they run? I read you can feed it off of your jackshaft if your mini has one.
  9. R

New from Portland, Or.

Welcome to OldMiniBikes! Good to see another Portlander on here. Looks like you have a fun project ahead. That sure is a cool frame!
  10. R

Lighted Mini Bike

Nice setup! Forgive me for asking a completely ignorant question, but has anyone figured out how to do an inexpensive alternator for these small engines yet?
  11. R

Taco Monster Frijole

Nice Frijole!!!! Sorry about your engine plate problems. I would agree with everyone else to cut out the angled plate and weld in a flat one if you can. I can't wait to see it when it is done. Did you happen to buy the Taco seat? I am thinking of buying one myself for my Frijole clone and am...
  12. R

Hello from Portland, OR

No doubt! Can you even find those engines anymore?
  13. R

Hello from Portland, OR

It sure is, but I have to credit Fletchman77 for the design. I tried to copy his scratch built Frijole as much as possible. His pictures provided a nice little tutorial. I just hope mine turns out as nice as his. Thanks for the compliment. I will post more photos soon!
  14. R

Hello from Portland, OR

Finally got a photo up. The frame is nearly done. I just need to finish some gussets and clean up some welds. I will post more photos when my computer begins cooperating.
  15. R

Hello from Portland, OR

Hello All, After a 15 year hiatus I am getting back into the wonderful world of minibikes. Currently I am building a "Frijole" clone and am very thankful for all the excellent information on this site. Sadly, it seems there is not a lot of organized minibike events here in the northwest. Am I...
  16. R

Tired of the Frijole hunt? Build one.

Fletchman, Nice work on your Frijole build! It looks sweet. I bet it runs like a monster with that Briggs Animal. I am currently in the process of welding together a Frijole clone of my own and am looking for a seat and gas tank. I am thinking I will just fab a gas tank, but was wondering if you...