Search results

1. OPEtech

Discounted Tecumseh parts

Here are a few pics of the parts.
  2. OPEtech

Here is the list of parts I currently have. If you prefer to call or text, the business number is 716-544-6849
  3. OPEtech

I will very soon have a completed list of all the part numbers and quantities, in which I will post on here.
  4. OPEtech

I've recently acquired a large lot of Tecumseh parts for my small engine repair business. Many of the items are for older engines that I rarely see coming into the shop. Even though I haven't been on here in a while, I remember there are a lot of other members that do have these engines. I'm...
  5. OPEtech

What is this?

Thank you very much for clearing that up. :thumbsup: I would have never guessed on my own.
  6. OPEtech

What is this?

A customer brought this into the shop and it needs various repairs done although the person he bought it from said that it was a new build. He wants it for his 10 year old son to ride around the yard. Both he and I are curious as to what model this is. Any help is appreciated.
  7. OPEtech

Wanted Heald Super Bronc Tank

Use a Honda Z50 tank like I did
  8. OPEtech

Brake advise

That's what I did with one of my Super Broncs. Works great, and not expensive. Just use an o-ring chain around the rear sprocket, so that you don't need to use a lot of lubricant.
  9. OPEtech

Super Bronc VT-812/1012 Front Wheel/Brake Conversion

Mine does have the 12 inch front tire as well. To be honest, it took a bit of improvising to get everything to fit and work properly. The only drawback, is that I had to move the front wheel to the right about a half inch to accommodate for the caliper.
  10. OPEtech

What is everybody's top speed?

Interesting rear brake setup you have there, Gumpit. What is your method of attaching the brake disc to the wheel hub?
  11. OPEtech

Help with my Riding Mower Drive Belt Grabbing hard!!

Good choice in getting an oem belt. Sometimes, stock belts have odd sizes ex: 72.36 inches in length. Depending on the pulley setup, that .36 inches could make a huge difference in the way a tractor handles. That specific tractor was manufactured by MTD. If you got their part number, you would...
  12. OPEtech

What is everybody's top speed?

VT-8 Super Broncs are supposed to top off at about 45mph. I just doubled the horsepower, and increased the final drive ratio from about 1:7 to 1:5. Haven't tested it yet, but I am curious how it will handle.
  13. OPEtech

Actually, I'm using the existing rear sprocket as the brake disc. The only component made for a Sportster is the foot pedal. All the other parts are a collection of misc pieces.
  14. OPEtech

Changing the bulbs to led is a good idea and just might do the same with this in time. As for the rest brake, I wasn't too fond of the band setup, because if the chain breaks or pops off there would be no rear brake at all. So, I ended up redesigning that as well to a disc setup
  15. OPEtech

Yep. That sensor came with the dashboard assembly, which includes a speedometer. I initially wanted to keep the bike more old school, but made an exception when it came to that.
  16. OPEtech

To be honest I've never attended any of those activities. Maybe some day. As for the disc it's not meant for the Sportster. Instead I opted for an 8 inch disc, which I purchased from bmi karts which they are clearancing for $10. If I used anything larger, the caliper would be too close to the...
  17. OPEtech

Thank you. I still have to test it and it might be a few weeks before I get to do that since this is part of a full bike project which is about 95% done. The hydraulic components are for a Harley Sportster. The front brake project cost me about $150.
  18. OPEtech

I'm currently in the process of working on a disc brake conversion to the Super Bronc front drum brake. This alternative will be relatively low cost, easy to install, and minimal alterations to the original parts. I'll be posting pics and info when I'm done.