Search results

1. cometkrazy

VT-8 Roller

Sadly I don't have the time or energy to finish my bike. I'm selling a roller Heald VT-8. It has brand new Duro tires, no rust any where, new bearings and bushings. The frame was blasted and powder coated. I live in Pendleton, Oregon which is 3 hours from Boise, Id. Spokane, Wa. and Portland...
  2. cometkrazy

Tracked Mini

What is this??
  3. cometkrazy

Boise Idaho Craigslist

Yesterday on BOISE Craigslist I came across a posting for two Heald minis A 10hp Super Bronc and a 5hp Bronc both for $430 They looked complete to me and he said the SB ran. I have enough projects or else I would grab them. I live in Eastern Oregon only about 3 hrs from them.
  4. cometkrazy

Replacement torque converter

I'm using the belt Ron from Power Tec sent me. I'll have the Chinese pulley set on the original VT-8 backing plate with the band brake. I hope the guys who say that they stop well are right. It would be cool to have juice brakes on one of these. I had an old Harley Electra Glide with a...
  5. cometkrazy

It is definitely a mini bike. I put some Duro tires on it and I hope I'm good to go.
  6. cometkrazy

I put the chain on it today and I had to shorten it. I found out that Ron at Power Tec gave me more than enough for two chains! He will be missed. I bought a bunch of parts from him 4 years ago when I first got the Bronc, He was a great source of knowledge and a very kind person.
  7. cometkrazy

I have not ridden it yet. I'm working on figuring out the throttle and I did order a Chinese torque converter set. I will save the stock and rebuild them later. When I got it the seat had a Trail Bronc stencil on the back. I've seen lots of posts about Super Broncs but few or no Trail Broncs. It...
  8. cometkrazy

You know, I may be confused too I will take some pics and try to post tomorrow. I have the band brake. Thanks for the replie
  9. cometkrazy

I have a 1982 8hp Trail Bronc with a comet 30 torque converter. It is different as the driven shaft is treaded on the end instead of cut for a snap ring. The question I have is if I buy one of the Chinese torque converter kits on Amazon or Ebay will the new 5/8 shaft line up with the rear...
  10. cometkrazy

Comet Clutch Problem

I removed both pulleys today and found my driven pulley was all gummed up and would not open (that is to say I couldn’t rotate it so that the spring would compress) also I didn’t see a snap ring holding it together. It does have a direction arrow to remove the top of the cam? So I’m thinking...
  11. cometkrazy

Comet Clutch Problem

Thanks, I think I will take them off and start over!
  12. cometkrazy

Comet Clutch Problem

I meant a VT8
  13. cometkrazy

Comet Clutch Problem

Hello all: I 'm working on a VT Super Bronc. I got it running but I find that the driven pulley turns as fast as the driver when the chain is off. When I squeeze the brake handle, It kills the motor. I'm thinking that the clutch is put together incorrectly. Is there a diagram that shows how to...
  14. cometkrazy

Super Bronc project has begun

Thanks for the help. I will try that but I'm going to have the rear wheel off the ground. I think one of the pulleys is goofed up or set up wrong.
  15. cometkrazy

Yes, I have the belt on correctly. I recall you said in an earlier post that you were having the same issue. There seems to be some slack in the belt but when I have it running the driven pulley turns as fast as the driver.
  16. cometkrazy

Thanks, I will try that. What would cause the driven pulley to turn while the engine is idling? I know that the driven pullet turns when the RPM is increased. What could I have screwed up??
  17. cometkrazy

Were you able to sort out your rear brake? I just got my SB running today and have the same issue. When I squeeze the brake lever it kills the engine. Is the rear pulley on the clutch supposed to free-wheel when you are off the gas? Mine does not. As long as the engine is running the small...
  18. cometkrazy

8hp throttle linkage need help

That's great, thanks. How is the linckage connected to the carb and the govener?
  19. cometkrazy

8hp throttle linkage need help

I need help with my linkage on a VT-8 Super Bronc. It has been 4 years since I tore it down so naturally I forgot how it goes back together. I'm hoping there is someone that can give me some guidance and or post some pictures on how this linkage goes together. I believe that I have all the...
  20. cometkrazy

Song Title Game

Evil Woman: ELO