Search results

1. V

Motorized bicycle build

And oh oh oh ! Astrowrench if I need a heavy weight on the engine a 6 inch cast iron pulley might do the trick!
  2. V

Motorized bicycle build

Due to some resentment... Not that I don't like you guys,... Hahahahah!! ... But I will post once I finish the motor and have it running then you will see what I'm talking about. And in the mean time maybe a quick google search would reveal that there is a lot of information about how to run a...
  3. V

Motorized bicycle build

So I haven't given up on this build I just have been going to school and I have had no time to work on my bike. I believe a few changes are going to have to be made to my design and what not. First having bicycle pedals seems like it's going to be impossible because one of the sprockets is...
  4. Harley Davidson

Harley Davidson

Vintage Single cylinder Harley Davidson
  5. V

Motorized bicycle build

Yeah I've cleaned the ports, pictures are earlier in the post, I'm just in bad spot right now because my welder is out of gas and I can't get them refilled.... But bigger intake and exhaust manifolds will be made.
  6. V

Motorized bicycle build

Yeah I've torn the engine down all except take out the piston! It's a Lawn mower engine That's supposed to be vertical. I've done the necessary modifications to make it sit horizontal, I have done a lot of research and it will work just fine. I didn't say this before because I don't want an...
  7. V

Motorized bicycle build

Well I got that silly little intake valve in the block and I rotated the crank and the intake valve closes right as the piston begins the compression stroke. So the intake valve is only open during the intake stroke! Sooo would making the intake valve close sooner increase the performance on...
  8. V

Motorized bicycle build

But I want that tickity tick noise!! So I'll do the modification as soon as I can! I also can't put the springs back on the valves so I'm going to have to make a tool to do that! And I'll get it running before I touch anything else on it! !
  9. V

Motorized bicycle build

So I want to grind the valve stems shorter. So that the valve closes sooner before Top Dead Center!
  10. V

Motorized bicycle build

I have been wondering how I'm going to get more horse power out of my engine? It's a 3.5hp Briggs and Stratton ... but I believe I have an exactly the same engine but it is rated at 4hp. Now I have ported the heads and going to make a bigger air in take and exhaust. But what about the carb...
  11. V

Motorized bicycle build

Paticus--Yeah I know ! I was testing some welds I have made! And I wasn't to impressed with there strength! So I'll have to make really fatty welds and Hope for the Best Which will result in a heavy bike! Very old welders have told me it will work! And I trust them There biggest words of advice...
  12. V

Motorized bicycle build

Here's a very rough drawing of my motorized bicycle design! And this is the design I have been playing around with.. and I really can't decided how it's going to work.. I think I actually have to get my hands on the pulleys to decide how there going to fit! So the lower section I'm...
  13. bicycle design

bicycle design

sketch of motorized bicycle design
  14. V

Motorized bicycle build

I will never give up!! I have wanted to do this for a very long time! - deejaaa Those bicycles are really cool looking I like the faux tanks that are mounted on some of them! And the tires and rims they are sell where giving me some ideas about making a hotrod style bike! Thanks I'll be back...
  15. V

Motorized bicycle build

So still working on the project had a major hick up! I went to start on the front forks; I was cutting the neck from the old forks, which are useless, and my torch ran out of oxygen so it wasn't cutting correctly, so I figured that out quickly. And it's kidd'a a pain to have them refilled, but...
  16. V

Motorized bicycle build

So here is the new set of forks!! Yes yes there a little hacked but under the conditions I though they should work just fine!! And hey using bio-degradable material should be good for the environment! Right? Ha! No it's a wheel stand to re-lace on the new steel rims! It's worked really...
  17. Bicycle modifications

Bicycle modifications

new work bench location
  18. Bicycle modifications

Bicycle modifications

new work bench location
  19. Bicycle modifications

Bicycle modifications

fabricated wheel stand
  20. Bicycle modifications

Bicycle modifications

fabricated wheel stand