Search results

1. F

carb mods

I still have the stock carb right now
  2. F

carb mods

i have installed a billet rod and a 94ss dyno cam does anyone know what I kind of carb mods I need to do. It starts and runs for about 10 seconds and dies out hell of a time to get it goin again I think that I need to re-jet the jets in the carb but not sure how much bigger to go or if im even...
  3. F

re-jetted carb tuning

OK I feel like I need to tell the whole story about this motor when I got it, it already had an aftermarket header, 1.3 rocker arms and a carb from a Honda gx something with the main jet jetted to .027. It runs the best when half choked. The air/fuel needle has been turned out to 8 1/2 and...
  4. F

re-jetted carb tuning

the carb is off a Honda 190 if that helps any
  5. F

re-jetted carb tuning

Im currently using the stock air filter too I haven't got around to picking up an aftermarket one yet not sure if that's part of my problem or not that's why im seeking help from you guys lol any help would be great cause im not getting very far on my own thanks I did notice that the fuel...
  6. F

re-jetted carb tuning

I have installed an aftermarket header and have put in 1.3 rocker arms. the engine runs the best when its half choked. tried jetted the main jet to see if the extra fuel would allow my motor to run without the having the choke on half but I still end up with the same result im wondering what...
  7. F

re-jetted carb tuning

can or do you have to re-jet the emulsion tube or just use a gx140 emulsion tube
  8. F

re-jetted carb tuning

I recently re-jetted the main jet on my Honda card to .030 can anybody point my in the right direction on the correct tuning so it will run without it having to be half choked all the time not very familiar with the clones I just recently switched from briggs to see what I can do with a clone thanks
  9. F

94ss cam

not sure ill have to give that a try when it warms up some
  10. F

94ss cam

no I didn't do a spark test I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it so I kinda moved on to the other carts I got but I wanna get it running cause the one guy I ride with is always in first place and I want to take him down a notch or two lol he has a briggs with an aftermarket cam not sure...
  11. F

94ss cam

I am using the stock carb that was on it now its been awhile since I have seen the motor cause it got to cold to work on it up here so im not sure if its the slide style choke or not. not sure if that matters
  12. F

94ss cam

the engine ran before I put a cam in it I installed a billet rod, the 94ss cam and new lifter. I then lashed and seated the valves put it all back together and now it will only run for about five seconds dies then is almost impossible to start for a while is there something I am missing as to...
  13. F

94ss cam

what do I need to do to the fuel system boss help me out not sure where I need to start it does start but it wont stay running longer than 5 seconds then is hard to get started again
  14. F

94ss cam

if yes what lb. springs should I get and how much bigger should I jet the carb
  15. F

94ss cam

is that a yes or a no dave lol
  16. F

94ss cam

do I maybe need heavier valve springs do you think that maybe the valves are floating some would jetting the carb help
  17. F

94ss cam

yes I did lash the valves and did the seats with the compound
  18. F

94ss cam

ok cool thanks guys now I have a things to try out im going to order some new valves real soon cart season is about to start up for me up here
  19. F

94ss cam

I haven't advanced the timing I am still using the stock card that was the engine
  20. F

94ss cam

I put a 94ss dyno cam in my 5hp briggs with a billet rod and billet lifter the motor starts but screams for about five seconds then dies I was thinking of advancing the timing to see if that helps if anybody can help me out that with any ideas on what I can do to remedy this problem