Search results

1. tomc

Wild goose chase, home empty handed

I met a guy selling at a local flea market yesterday that told me he had a Tote Gote at home. As soon as he went home I went to buy it. It wasn't a Tote Gote but a small chrome plated frame with a Honda tiller engine. I left it where I found it.
  2. tomc

Id this.

What is this frame?
  3. tomc

Manco Rustler 310

Today, I picked up this old broken & previously repaired Toro Wheel Horse hood to get pieces from to fix the fenders & seat pan for my Manco trike. I think I'll go tomorrow and buy one of the plastic repair kits from Harbor Fright.
  4. tomc

My Tote Gotes seat

I will but it will probably be a while. The Gote is being restored.
  5. tomc

My Tote Gotes seat

I got my seat back from the upholsterer.
  6. tomc

Not a m.b. but a three wheeler

Moderator please remove this. Thanks.
  7. tomc

Can anyone tell me how to make this thread disappear? I realize it should have been in the Trikes section. I've tried editing it and removing the text, but it won't go away. Maybe the moderator can remove it? Please. Thank you.
  8. tomc

Fixed it I think.
  9. tomc

Here's a shot of the throttle attachment ony new to me Manco three wheeler. The engine is a 10HP Briggs & Stratton. The previous owner has started & ran the engine, but never on the three wheeler. He was convinced that a governor link rod had been misplaced. He gave me one that is obviously not...
  10. tomc

Here's a shot of the throttle attachment ony new to me Manco three wheeler. The engine is a 10HP Briggs & Stratton. The previous owner has started & ran the engine, but never on the three wheeler. He was convinced that a governor link rod had been misplaced. He gave me one that is obviously not...
  11. tomc

Manco Rustler 310

After about 8 months I went and brought it home. Now what am I going to do???
  12. tomc

How bad is USPS shipping?

Back in November, actually the day before Thanksgiving, a guy in VA, about two hours from me here in NC, mailed me an envelope containing three old gun magazines. I got it in late March. Efficiency? If we mail or neighbor across the street, about 150 yards from our door to theirs, a Christmas...
  13. tomc

Kawasaki ATC to bike conversion.

Very interesting. I still have the chance to trade for a Manco 310 three wheeler with a 10HP electric start Briggs engine. The plastic bodywork, not fiberglass, is pretty well trashed, so it would be a good candidate for a similar conversion. Any more conversions on here?
  14. tomc

Heald hauler

Appearently Rick ain't telling.
  15. tomc

Never seen one till now

I would love one of these, or something very similar (with an American made engine). I rode a similar bike back in the 60s. Love them FAT tire machines.
  16. tomc

Upholstery time

Here's the before pic of my Boonie Bike seat. Not the worst recover job I've seen but certainly not original. I believe it is supposed to have a small wedge built into the back 3-4". I will see about getting that done when I drop it off. Here's what most pics of Boonie Bike seats that I have...
  17. tomc

Upholstery time

I made both new seats, the driver's and buddy seat for my Tote Gote. Today I took them to a local upholstery shop and dropped them off. The price quoted was $50, after another local shop quoted $200 yesterday. When I go back to pick them up I will take the one for my Boonie Bike and my other...
  18. tomc

Mini Bikes in your house?

None in my house yet. I did keep a reproduction Penny Farthing bicycle in the living room but it now lives in the garage. I had a friend, now deceased, that found & bought a 1914 Harley when we were in high school, in the 1970s. He kept it in his living room.
  19. tomc

Advice for new builders (head tube, welding)

Yes! Cut that frame up before taking it to the scrapyard so no one else tries to use it. Those welds are ridiculous.
  20. tomc

Pet peeves?

I agree. I hate Photobucket.