Search results

1. R

Manco thunderbird, Predator 212 LW FW, Cat eye, B&S 3.5, ++++++

Im getting out of mini bikes and trying to get myself a real motorcycle. Ive got all my mini bike stuff posted in Rochester, NY Craigslist. Pictures can be found in the CL post. $500 OBO Trades? Motrocycle, cafe racer, honda cb250, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki. Woodworking power and hand tools...
  2. R

Engine assembly issues?

Hello all predator gurus! I have begun modifying my non-hemi engine by removing the governor and installing an ARC flywheel. I removed all the govenor bits, and throttle linkage, put my flywheel on and reassembled the engine. I spun the engine now and then while assembling and it seemed to be a...
  3. R

Moped parts adaptable to mini bikes?

I don't know much about moped/scotter type vehicles but, I have been noticing a lot in my girlfriends hometown. I'm assuming they have a torque converter or a really small maybe 3 speed transmission on some of theses 50cc scotters to get them up to 50ish mph. If I found a smashed up one for...
  4. R

Gas tanks and carbs options for a 3.5

Hey all. I had a 3.5 brigs model 91212 on my manco and swapped it out for the predator a while back. I no longer have the gas tank for the brigs. I was wondering if someone had a source for brigs parts or had one laying around they would sell me. I have seen one or two new online for like $60...
  5. R

Pred 212 gas tank swap

Ive got a used round gas tank on the way, I dont think i need a fuel pump as long as the tank is mounted above the carb for a gravity fed fuel system, right? What would the advantage of running a fuel pump? more options to mount the tank? I have read that people just plug up the breather on the...
  6. R

roller in westen NY

Hey all. I might be in the market for a decent roller somewhere around rochester, buffalo, syracuse, ithaca. Anyone thats interested in selling or has any leads. Hit me up Please!
  7. R

Predator Swap

Hey folks just looking for a little info. I want to put a predator 212cc in my Manco Thunderbird frame. I haven't busted out the tape measure but does anyone know if the predator will fit? Will I have to remove the gas tank and switch to a top frame mounted tank? Any info or a thread of a...
  8. R

Headlights! Post 'em up!

Hiya folks, Ive been using my mini bike to scoot back and forth to campus the past few weeks. Im leaving campus later and later as the semester progresses so im going to need at least a headlight (prolly a taillight and some reflectors) to be seen a little better. Ive seen some clip on bike...
  9. R

new member with an older bike

hey folks! i just picked up an older manco mini bike with a brigs and stratton 3.5 engine. being that ive never worked on small engines and i dont really know where to start going over this bike i was hoping you guys could help. project goals are to get the bike all tuned up and from there see...