Search results

1. TankforGod3

212 predator 22mm mikuni

Ok I been working with the limited supplies I have and I have come up with this. This is all I have for now its a temp until I can buy an actual intake because I have $0. It still needs alot of work done this flange isnt a d port but its a little smaller than the d port on the head so I can take...
  2. TankforGod3

212 predator 22mm mikuni

I guess you learn something new everyday. When all my parts come in im gonna have to try that. Later today or tomorrow I should be able to start working on a piece of my intake, if i get it done up I'll have to put up a pic or two.
  3. TankforGod3

212 predator 22mm mikuni

I plan on running 1.5" hose clams for it and I'll post some pics when the parts come in, and for vacuum leaks I plan on running a very thin layer of some silicon on the pieces of the manifold along with the hose clamps to reduce the risk of a vacuum leak. I want to buy that nice one piece billet...
  4. TankforGod3

212 predator 22mm mikuni

Thanks on my flange its a d port that is close to the one on my head I just need to go over it a tad with a dremel and clean it up. I used to have a 1" silicone 45° I can't remember what it was for either I'll use it
  5. TankforGod3

212 predator 22mm mikuni

I have a little piece of manifold with a flange that has a d port that was off another engine and I have a piece of an old dirt bike manifold for a mikuni so I'll cut the dirkbike one off some and run a piece of radiator hose to connect the pieces
  6. TankforGod3

212 predator 22mm mikuni

What kind of bolt do i need to bolt the manifold on after I remove the stud
  7. TankforGod3

212 predator 22mm mikuni

I have a 212 predator I wanna install a 22mm carb and I can order everything tonight but I have a question. When I put the manifold on how will I get the carb studs out and what kind of bolts do I need to bolt the manifold onto the head. I'm not paying $30 for the manifold from nrracing so I'm...
  8. TankforGod3

arc Performance cast rod?

I've been checking out connecting rods for my engine and I came across thishttp://www.OldMiniBikes.com/?target=product&product_id=32297 it says its a performance cast rod from arc. Has anyone used thisk? are they worth anything? How many rpms will it hold up too? They are a whole lot easier on...
  9. TankforGod3

Another tav vs clutch question.

A clutch just engages and disengages and sticks only with the sprocket ratio and tire size the CVT setup hits every ratio from 2.73:1 to .90:1 plus whatever sprocket ratio you want and with a TAV you can not only change engagement but how the unit shifts by preloading the driven unit so with the...
  10. TankforGod3

Hemi predator Torque build

First off welcome to the forum, and now about this go kart. If you want torque the black mamba jr is a good choice, that cam is a little monster, and if you are gonna run the springs for that cam you may want to look into some pushrods. I have an old yellow jacket with a 212 hemi i have the...
  11. TankforGod3

Clone Wars...Who's is the fastest

My go kart is still relativley mild and according to the gps on my phone it hit 43 and it is still governed, it still has great takeoff and acceleration, it could go faster but the belt is hammered and doesn't shift into overdrive. I dont have much done to it either just header, air filter, jets...
  12. TankforGod3

Steel connecting rods?

Has anyone that runs a Billet aluminum rod in a predator had a rod stretch on them? He doesn't have an extreme build going on so he isn't making extreme power, I know he has a black mamba cam and the springs that come with it, no governor, billet flywheel, header and air filet, along with a...
  13. TankforGod3

Steel connecting rods?

Ok and thanks and I completely forgot about the jr dragster rods being 7075 t651 aluminum, and i don't know how I remember what type of aluminum theyre made of.
  14. TankforGod3

Steel connecting rods?

No clue he isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the package, but at least he shines.
  15. TankforGod3

Steel connecting rods?

I was wondering if anyone makes a high performance steel connecting rod for the predator, one of my buddies revs his engine to 6500rpm on the stock rod and refuses to upgrade to a billet aluminum rod, because its aluminum. I also don't want him to learn the hard way that stock rods aren't meant...
  16. TankforGod3

Predator Crankshaft

Sorry to comment in late, but the predator hemi crankshafts are forged too. They are pretty tough and can handle a beating, but as for longer term durability I'd say the honda would be better as they are better quality overall.
  17. TankforGod3

The predator engines underdog story

Ever since I was little we have always had a 150cc gy6 yerf dog go kart, and it was always the baddest one around no matter who came to race it. When I was little I helped my dad build that engine and after we got it we put some kind of mean atv carb on it, a connecting rod, and a cdi. There is...
  18. TankforGod3

pushing the 212 beyond the limits?

The engine is broken in and I've ran it for about 2 years of good use but, I've kept everything maintained and always check the oil before I ride.
  19. TankforGod3

pushing the 212 beyond the limits?

Okay guys first of all I want to say I am not TankforGod3 I am using his account to post this. I put a 212 predator on my go kart witch still has a governor and got a racing air filter, rlv header, .035" main jet, and a gx-140 e tube, These are the only mods done to this engine but I decided to...
  20. TankforGod3

212 predator stock rod strength

My friend gave me a black mamba jr cam and some springs so when I crack open the casing to install them ill check the clearance, and maybe fiddle with the governor some more until I can buy a rod and flywheel and just remove it.