Search results

1. T

Champion 6.5 hp (Honda Clone) conrod explosion

This is true, there was some discolor to it. Maybe not a lot but it was only running for a couple hours. And Havasu Dave I plan to, Regardless its still another $100 I gotta pull outta my broke A**
  2. T

On the first few rides the engine would cut out at full throttle and when I released the throttle it would go back to normal. Is this a result of the poor throttle setup?
  3. T

it makes sense now, my throttle cable was pulling on the governor arm not allowing it to do its job. But I did check out the crankshaft and it looked fine, not noticeable damage. How ever the piston was stuck in the cylinder when I took it apart and I had to hammer it out.
  4. T

Thanks, But I live in Toronto and go to Cambridge on the weekends. I still need help with a throttle setup that won't blown up my engine, if anyone has some info on that it would be awesome.
  5. T

I'd buy the predator but I live in Canada and harbor freight doesn't ship here, and if they did i'd be an 2 arms and 3 legs
  6. T

Yup and later that day we out the old engine back on, and during a trail ride my friend managed break off the footpeg...not a good day for the dirt bug
  7. T

Holy crap, I'd like to hear what that sounded like. It really sucks because I pick up that engine sealed in the box for 85$ its gonna be hard to find one for that price now >< Plus I read this article "http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm" which probably didn't help with the hole...
  8. T

she hauled a55! for the couple hours she worked
  9. T

Ok I think you guys might be right, My throttle setup might have bypassed the governor. It was my first time doing the swap so I just the throttle the only way I knew how. I couldn't find how other people do it. Below is a pic of how I set it up.
  10. T

I connected the Throttle arm to the governor arm with a coat hanger wire. The governor arm was still direct connect to the carb. Is that what I did wrong? If so how did you guys do your throttle setups. Either way the rod shouldn't have blown that quick ><.
  11. T

I can't I bought if off a guy, it was in storage but it was sealed although there was a lot of rust on one side on the flywheel. I connected the throttle to the governor arm, so it should have been fine. Is it safe to assume this is not normal for a honda clone?
  12. T

No I didn't, I wanted to make the engine last
  13. T

Hey everyone, So I went up to my cottage on Friday with everything I needed to upgrade my little dirt bug that was on its last leg. It was also my birthday and I was excited as F**k to get the thing going, after a couple hours of work me and my brother finally finished it and took it for a test...