Search results

1. S

Timing help needed...

I made a reply earlier, saying there was a mark of SHL on some of the parts. I also posted a picture of another mark on the flywheel, again in my members photo album. For some reason, any time I try to post a picture, it says I have to wait for a moderator to approve it, but it never gets...
  2. S

Timing help needed...

Think its a 47CC, single piston, 45mm rings 10mm pin. Only marks are 'SHL' and the one in the pic below....
  3. S

Timing help needed...

no one seems to know. That may be a timing key, but I don't see how it could time any. I thought it was just another woodruff key. I would love to know more details about the engine, I am sick of cutting gaskets.
  4. S

Timing help needed...

Apparently not....they are in my member photo album though...
  5. S

Christmas project...

Yours was a 3 speed? This one doesn't have 'speeds', just a centri-clutch. Think it's still an APC?
  6. S

Timing help needed...

I will try...
  7. S

Timing help needed...

Hey yall, Cant find any manuals for this engine, and there aint a timing key that I can find, so was hoping yall could give me some hints by to eye-ball it.... And a closeup of the flywheel, this looks to be at top dead center... Thanks yall! Cant upload photos....what the...
  8. S

Need help fast with lil' girls Christmas project!

Hey yall, Got a POS mini bike I wanted to fix up for the lil girl. All my experience is in Old harleys, and this thing, according to this forum but I still dont think so, is a Chinese bike from pep boys. Either way, I need to know what the hell this part is... I know its a part of...
  9. S

Need to get brushes/altenator/whatever off!

yeah, hit it with a slide-hammer bearing puller, popped right out, thanks!
  10. S

Need to get brushes/altenator/whatever off!

Hey yall, Rebuilding what in my other thread, http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/what/103255-christmas-project.html I was told is an APC mini bike, though Im still not sure. Either way, I need to get this damn thing off so I can inspect crank and clean it up. Here's some...
  11. S

Christmas project...

Thanks for all the replies so far! I want to keep the engine, I want the bike to look exactly like daddies, and she dont need more than a 49cc engine. I think I can find the piston, but I need to figure out the model so I can look for an electric starter, maybe even a wiring diagram...
  12. S

Christmas project...

Hey yall, Piced this bike up off Craigslist for $100. No clue what brand it is, only stamps I've found say 'SHL'. I've already torn it down to restore and turn into a mini-chopper for my little girl, just like daddies, but with a 'My little Pony' scheme...she is a girl... So, here's some...