Search results

1. mariner12

Best tire for kart dirt drags?

Gathering opinions on tire options. We run a 233' loose dirt drag strip (think Street Outlaws for karts in the dirt). Most use old race karts with ATV tires. For the application I use 13x5-6 Carlisle Xtrac tires, and they grip alright. Would swapping to a Hoosier or Burris grooved 12x8-6...
  2. mariner12

Drag race kart

Looking for some outside ideas on how to get a kart to leave harder from a standing start. 20℅ of passes the engine bogs from the dig at WOT, but otherwise does well. A group of friends and I race a 233' dirt drag we built. I pull like a train mid range and up top. Looking to put more power...
  3. mariner12

9 tooth clutch sprocket

I'm in need of a 9 tooth clutch sprocket preferably for a Hilliard clutch. I need more gear ratio but don't have room for a taller drive gear. I've searched and can't find one. Any help would be appreciated.
  4. mariner12

2 speed go kart?

Has anyone ran a two speed jackshaft like mini bikes run on a kart? I'm curious as how to set it up, and if it makes a big difference in torque output.
  5. mariner12

hampton roads dyno

Looking to see if anyone has a small engine dyno or knows of a shop with one. I'm in need of some dyno work. I'm in Hampton Roads, VA anywhere within a 2 hour ride would be great. With how big Langley Kart racing in I'm suprised one isnt easier to find. Thanks
  6. mariner12

fuel, and clutch engagement?

I,ve been following for a year on here and usually find answers I need. Now however I'm stumped and in need of advise. Engine: Predator 212 w/ Billet rod Black mamba Jr cam 14cc head w/ stainless stock valves 26lb springs 1:3 rockers Cone intake Robertsons H pipe Fuel pump Issues...
  7. mariner12

greetings

Hello to all, I'm new on here but have followed the forum for awhile when researching. My name is Dave and I flip frequently between bikes and karts depending where the best racing is.