Search results

1. W

Update on the Balloon Bike

I haven't been on the forum in a while so I figured I would update everyone on the bike. I swapped in a 212 and a torque converter and it is waaaaay better now. Almost 50mph and it will wheelie like crazy. I beat it almost every weekend.
  2. W

A question on Tire tread patterns for you off road riders.

You have basically just described the trade off. V tread is good in mud/dirt, knobby is better on rocks.
  3. W

Freak-Bikes, Homemades, Customs, Frankenbikes & Oddballs

My Balloon Bomber is kinda freaky.
  4. W

Wardog's Balloon Tire Scratch Build - Anything Goes

Thanks guys. I fixed the power issues by cutting it in half, stretching it 3" and putting a 212 in it. With an 18:1 first gear and a 40mph top speed it is one wild ride!
  5. W

blur the line Tractor / Minibike

I prefer the all chain style drive vs 90 deg gearboxes.... it is simpler, less parasitic drag, and much easier to fabricate. My 2x2 is basically what you described minus suspension. The 3x3 has the same type front drive, just smaller. The 3x3 is MUCH easier to trail ride because of the light...
  6. W

Track for a mini bike.

Thanks for chiming in jeep. I am hoping that a few hundred pounds of tension between the tires and track will be enough to keep the track spinning in mud.
  7. W

Track for a mini bike.

I talked a little bit with the guy who owns the black Cycle-trac and the old Mud-kat pictured above. He said he has done a lot of trail riding with it and the track works well. He said sometimes turning sharp with a heavy load will cause the track to get a little crooked, but it straitens back up.
  8. W

Track for a mini bike.

Im not really worried about actually cutting the tire. My main concern is will a tire function as a track? Will it stay on? Will it be durable? Will the drive wheel inside the track slip?
  9. W

Track for a mini bike.

There are lots of threads here about installing small snowblower type tracks on minis, but I'm looking for info on the Cycle-trac, Mud-kat, and Pak-Trak style tracks that fit over regular tires. Those bikes I mentioned have tracks that look suspiciously like an automotive tire with the sidewall...
  10. W

Washing your Scoot with CVT

I rode mine around completely submerged with no issues. It wont let me link vids, but I have some good video of my 3x3 mini bike in deep water on YT
  11. W

I cannot seem to get the vids to link from YouTube by copy/pasting the address...... Any tricks I should know?
  12. W

How to post pictures (Test Area)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aWtx7uJtaCE
  13. W

Vids are on my J. Bo's Designs Youtube channel
  14. W

Well, I am a week late posting, but Oregon Gambler was AWESOME! The bike ran pretty good, but it had some issues. We ended up completing 4 of the 18 5.6mi laps before bowing out with destroyed pegs, loose handlebar clamps, and crazy stretched 2nd gear chain. The terrain was pretty much the...
  15. W

The 79cc is pretty guttless below about 3000 rpm and I still want some more low end grunt so I am changing out the 84 tooth sprocket for a 112 tooth. I never would have guessed tjat I would have to have such crazy reduction..... 27.2 to 1! It has to be one of the highest ratios of any mini...
  16. W

3hp Predator issues, Help!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Electrathon nailed it.... Apparently the carbs were just too big to function at wide open throttle. Charles's suggestion to try the original carb worked perfectly after rejetting.
  17. W

I finally got her running properly! I rode with some buddies yesterday, and beat on it for 3 hrs strait with no issues. Swapped the original carb back on so I jad to make some linkage.
  18. W

3hp Predator issues, Help!

I recently finished my build off bike and I cannot get it running properly. It is a brand new 79cc predator with the governor removed and a header with a hot dog muffler. I fabricated my own intake and put on a 19mm Mikuni clone. It cranks right up and has a solid idle, but no matter how I...
  19. W

Chain guards made from the section that I cut out of the middle of the jerry can.
  20. W

Thanks Charles for linking the vids. I cannot get the carb adjusted properly, it wants to break up and cut out anywhere near full throttle, but I have a different, slightly smaller carb on the way that will hopefully take care of that. Also it seems like the little engine doesnt make much low...