Search results

1. johnatthebox

My TAV-2 keeps trying to kill me

So.......I built a baja/predator combo with all the same junk on it everyone has(i.e. stage 1 kit, bsp3 cam, 18cc head , etc...) and i put a tav-2 torque converter on it. Love the low-end it gives me. However, I keep having this problem.... It keeps launching the driver unit up through the side...
  2. johnatthebox

Clone head? a little casting number help please.....

Picked up a motor and am trying to I D it... Its red (Honda?) and the head has JT- 04 - 06 - 16 stamped on it. Im guessing gx 160 clone (duh) but what else can i find out about it with these numbers? There are no other numbers or stickers visable on it
  3. johnatthebox

Tav 2 belt friction

I recently purchased a chinese knockoff Tav 2 for my predator212 mini bike. It was kind of a pain to install( had to raise the motor in the frame to clear the mounting plate and driven pully) but I got it on and working. Now when I roll the bike forward, the friction from the belt on the pullys...
  4. johnatthebox

almost broke my wrist.......

I recently put a new cam and 1.3 ratio rockers on my predator 212cc motor. The compression release works and the valves are adjusted right. It starts after two or three pulls, but sometimes it yanks the cord out of my hand so hard its kinda scary.
  5. johnatthebox

cylinder head milling questions(before i go to machjine shop)

I want to take my rtc6 head down to have it milled to increase the compression ratio. I want as much taken off as possible without having to shorten lifters or pushrods. Im hoping somebody might be able to tell me how much i should take off?
  6. johnatthebox

OldMiniBikes hi comp head for predator212 questions

found out my rtc-6 valves wont fit in the new head. Besides the 5.5mm stem valves, is there anything else I have to order to make this work? the spring perch looks different?
  7. johnatthebox

OldMiniBikes hi comp 18cc head for predator 212cc valves?

I recently picked up a hi comp 18cc head from OldMiniBikes, and when I went to swap mt valves they were too small for the guides. You can knock em back and forth and im pretty sure theres not supposed to be any play here?
  8. johnatthebox

what are the disadvantages in running tav2?

Heard lots about how good they work. whats the bad side(if any)?
  9. johnatthebox

ballpark hp estimate for predator

all the standard stuff- nothin special: predtor 212cc arc billit flyweel @32deg btdc 18cc hi-comp head stage 1 kit w/muffler cl 2 cam w/18lb springs race plug no governer pump gas
  10. johnatthebox

Smog pump supercharger for predator?!?

Whats the deal with making a supercharger for small engines out of a automotive smog pump? Saw some on youtube(search: roots supercharger mini bike) and Im tryin to find some details. Anyone done this before?
  11. johnatthebox

black mamba shortage?

Why is everyone out of black mamba and black mamba jr. cams? Ive heard such good things about them, I wanna try one.... Were they discontinued? If so, what is a similar performing cam to go with?
  12. johnatthebox

Does this look weird?

Im having steering wobble issues and I was wondering if any mini bike tech gurus out there would look at these photos and tell me if anything super-obvious jumps out at them. The front end turns ok. The wheel bearings are all good. Tires arent flat. It does kinda ride high. It goes ok up until...
  13. johnatthebox

serious fuel problem!

I was breaking my new motor in with the bike up on a stand and everything was going fine ..... all of a sudden it bogs and dies. I see fuel dumping out of the air filter so i turn it off and cleaned up the spilt gas. Then i started it again without turning the fuel back on. Ran fine until the...
  14. johnatthebox

gx390 carb for my predator??

I have a predator 212cc with a OldMiniBikes stage 1 kit w/aluminium flywheel. I put the bigger e-tube and #37 jet in the carb. I also have a seized up honda gx390 pressurewasher with a good carb on it. Which is better? Is it a direct bolt on ?
  15. johnatthebox

predator vs. BSP opinions?

I just bought a predator 212cc engine for $100 and put a OldMiniBikes stage 1 kit and billit flywheel on it. THEN I read about the BSP 196cc engine also from OldMiniBikes. Sounds like a much better engine for around the same money. Anybody know any HP stats on these rwo motors with the stage 1 kit added