Search results

1. J

Mikunis slow to start?

Maby get a larger choke jet?
  2. J

Clone 196 cam and springs

I use a 20mm carb, dellorto. I have the dynocams cm with .265 lift and .236 duration. 1,3:1 rockers, milled 22cc head .75 with 27/24 ss valves. So I don't think the 20mm will bring you any trouble. Just jet it right.
  3. J

Clone 196 cam and springs

I wouldn't remove the governor and do a throttle stop. At least with governor in you got the carb fully open until governor kicks in. With throttle stop, you get a lazy engine... No fun... If you take the governor out, you need flywheel and rod. Easily 160$ +... Get 1,3:1 rockers. Giving your...
  4. J

ballpark hp estimate for predator

Lower gearing is better/easier for the engine, gaining torque but loosing speed. 5:1 is a norm... But also depends on the wheel size. You're next upgrade should be a tav. And 1,3:1 rockers jmo.
  5. J

Well, that depends on what you want! And what use. And what cost!! Great bang for ya buck will be the black mamba or the dyno cm and i would also guess bp-2 it has alot of duration. 1.3:1 rockers. And a tav! Milling your 18cc head and a good p+p job. Can be done at home for free, if you're a...
  6. J

new build

There`s not much we Norwegians understand :out: and, drugs are bad! don`t do drugs, ride a bike :scooter:
  7. J

1,5-2hp gain? That's it? The cl-2 is not wild, but combined with the 18cc head and the stage one kit should produce 3-4 at least? Or am I way of. What would the 21.88 dyno show on an unmodified engine you think?
  8. J

The sheet with 21.88hp was with a black mamba Jr. And since you've got the cl-2 with less duration and lift you would get about 27.65hp. No, but really, two engines withe the same mods most likely will produce different results. I would guess you have 10-11hp. But that's what it is, my guess...
  9. J

new build

Who in the what now?
  10. J

home made trike

Top speed about 45mph, with current gearing. can easily make it do 60. I have welded on a sprocket on the sprocket :001_tongue:, one is 11 and the other is 15, so i get 45mph and 60mph, by simply turning the sprocket inside out and loosen the or tighten the chain tensioner. Riding, yes...
  11. J

1974 Alsport Trisport RTS 340 SL Restore / Rebuild thread

I like that throttle extension kit! Looking forward to the finished result! And a video?
  12. J

home made trike

Yes, you definitely hear me riding. So, a little YouTube clip of me on my trike and my friends son on his 125cc atv. How`s you`re trike build going Shawnster ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3wQSyrQbMw
  13. J

Let's talk about crashes.

Well, not always, not while walking and sleeping...
  14. J

Let's talk about crashes.

Always use a helmet!
  15. J

sprocket question

Going from 12 to 17 on the clutch is a huge difference I'd go two, maby three teeth at the clutch. Or 7-10 on the wheel. If its stock it's 3600rpms I think remove the governor and you reach maby 5000 before uncontrollable valve float...
  16. J

online stores with clone AND briggs flathead parts...?

Id like a cam for the flathead that has torque at low rpm's and doesn't need any welding on the block, just springs. But on almost all the cams it's either needed or recommended to weld on the block. Suggestions? I'm waiting on a torque converter unit, will that be enough maby, for the minibike?
  17. J

thanks guys :thumbsup: are there more?
  18. J

does it exist? I know OldMiniBikes has som flathead parts, but no camshafts, which is what im buing for the flathead. and cam, rod, and springs for gx clone. Since i live in Norway id like to by parts from on place and save on shipping. Thanx. Einar-A
  19. J

Freak Karts, Customs, Homemades, and Oddballs

You're both probably thinking of the Honda n600. Which had 354cc, 401cc and 598cc all 2syl. First civic, the smallest engine was 1,1liter.