Search results

1. P

Any info on this 8hp B&S?

I'm going to work on a large custom frame for it. I tried turning it over today, your right, it's a lot harder than the 3hp engine I have. Should be fun though.
  2. P

What frame is this?

Haha. Tell me about it. I search mini bike on c list. I see some decent ones, but I wanted to chop up and modify the frame a bit. Maybe a stretch just to make the ride comfortable. Plus I'd cobble the rest together, not go for a factory rebuild. I can machine and weld at work in my "free" time...
  3. P

What frame is this?

Cool. So for $50 is it worth it?
  4. P

What frame is this?

Oh snap. That's tiny. Definitely not gonna work for me. I'm 6'4"
  5. P

What frame is this?

What part is modified? I ask because he has several of these frames. Not just the one.
  6. P

What frame is this?

Hi there. Keep seeing this frame pop up on Craigslist. Anyone know what kind of frame it is? The guy is asking $50. is it worth it?
  7. P

Any info on this 8hp B&S?

So my friend gave me this motor, and aside from being an 8hp Briggs and Stratton with a 1" output shaft I don't know anything about it. Will this be a good motor for a mini bike project? I plan on running the gear directly on the output shaft and the centrifugal clutch on the jackshaft. Also...
  8. P

Powr kraft 3hp by B&S weather vane governor

I picked up an edger for $20 with the above motor attached. It didn't fire right away but after a quick carb cleaning I got it going nicely. Holds a nice idle and it's nice and responsive to throttle input. I'm new to these motors and was wondering if I could remove the "weather vane" governor...
  9. P

this is probably a dumb question, but, how do I start my briggs engine?

Just wanted to say thanks! I got the engine fired up today. It was a pretty awesome feeling. Having never really tinkered with gas engines before and having this one fire up was so cool. I can't wait to get my frame built up and the motor installed. Thanks again!
  10. P

Sweet! I happened to pick up one of those diaphrams yesterday. I didn't install it though thinking I wanted to try and see if the motor would run at all first. I think it will run, so I'll replace it and let you know.
  11. P

I bought it used. Previous owner said "it ran fine before I stopped using it" but that must have been a long time ago. When I got it of the tiller and started to clean it up there were a few things rotted away. I had to replace both fuel pick ups to the carb. Get a new carb gasket and remount...
  12. P

Well I couldn't get it to run on it's own. I had to spray some carb cleaner in the carb to get it to turn over a bit, hoping it would suck up some fuel. It didn't. So I'll have to check out what's going on with the fuel delivery system. Any suggestions on what to check for? Is there a way for me...
  13. P

So I pulled a 5hp briggs from a rototiller and I don't know how to start it. It's out of the tiller (and not going back in) it's just the engine, no controls. Do I just add fuel and pull? Pull out the choke first? Open the throttle wide open? Not really sure what to do, any help would be...
  14. P

Hi there! New guy from SoCal.

So for anyone that happens to read this, perhaps you can educate me on some rear wheel info. I picked up a rear wheel and tire with a band brake off of either a pocket bike, or a go ped. It was only $20, so not a big investment. But as I'm cleaning it up I realize that the drive gear is on a...
  15. P

Got your PM. Thanks. I'll give you a call when I get to Joes. Thanks for the tip on the go cart wheel. Maybe i'll go another route, and start with something smaller, perhaps from a pocket bike. Those are always for sale on craigslist.
  16. P

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Name's Phil. I've been lurking for a while, and finally decided to say Hi, plus I wanted to talk about my possible project. So I want to build a mini bike from the ground up, but I'm not really sure where to start, so I am starting from the back...