Search results

1. W

Help! Trying to prevent con Rod failure

Port and polish, Methanol jet, valve springs, shaved the head, modded the stock carb to take in air through the choke. There's other small stuff that I've done and other thing that I'm planning on doing.
  2. W

Pod filters?!?!?

If you don't ride in the dirt I suggest you run without one. I've been using mine for years without a filter and nothing has happened. I usually ride on the side walk or in the street though
  3. W

stupid question

I live in Southern California so most of the area where I live is developed. There are no trails that I can ride on, but I doubt that it has enough power anyways. I usually ride mine around town and in my neighbor hood. I still have a good time. Something I have always wanted was a racing go...
  4. W

Help! Trying to prevent con Rod failure

Hi, I'm new on this forum. Im currently working on a project trying to increase the horsepower on a old mini bike engine (Briggs 3hp) without using any aftermarket parts. I did a lot of work to get more power and rpm. Now I want to increase to tolerances of the internals. The stock...
  5. W

HELP!!! port and polish problems 97cc DB motor

Yeah your right, but I just remembered that I port matched a carb spacer that was designed to speed the air flow by using the Venturi effect. I messed up the shape now I don't have the air flow I need at low rpm. I all I need to do is replace the spacer but I can only find them for sale in a kit...
  6. W

Ok thanks for replying back fast I'm gonna do some work on it tomorrow and see if I can fix it. Let you know what happens
  7. W

Need help I recently mildly port and polished my friends 97cc engine and when we got it running again the low end power and ruined and you can barely move. I adjusted the carb and checked the spark plug so the engine is running at the right AFRs but that only made it a little better. We noticed...