Search results

1. Ruppelstiltskin

RuppGrading my 72 Hustler

I've been making some progress on my 72 Hustler. I have read other project/build threads with good pictures and useful info so I figured it would be good to share pics of my junk and add my experiences to possibly help anyone else that comes along. Purchased this from a friend that only had it...
  2. Ruppelstiltskin

How do you transport your bikes

I'm looking to see what is the best way to transport a mini using a receiver hitch. Whatcha got? :scooter:
  3. Ruppelstiltskin

Help with Room Temp Hemi Setup

So I have done some reading through build threads and know a bit but hope to learn a bit more here. So I just picked up a new Hemi motor from my buddy. He played around with it but only bench fired it a few times. He pulled the governor, oil sensor, tank and installed open air filter with carb...
  4. Ruppelstiltskin

Cost effective / Good idea to build GX200 from scratch?

I'm thinking for the future on my Rupp that a GX200 would probably be the best setup. Its already got a GC160 which runs fine for now but I don't think it will hold up to much use with the aluminum bore. I been watching craigslist but not seeing any good deals. I noticed that they sell bare...
  5. Ruppelstiltskin

Rupp Torque Converter Advice

So on my 72-75 Hustler, it's running the factory TC1 parts on a Honda GC160. Was having issues firstly with something hanging up and clunking on hard throttle at low speed. I lubed up the shaft on the driven and I think it freed it up some and seems to knock out 95% of the clunking. So I was...
  6. Ruppelstiltskin

Rupp shock rebuild?

So I'm tinkering on my newly acquired Rupp (Hustler most likely). Trying to search or figure out what I can without making too many postings. Couldn't find any info. So I know very little about these rear shocks. I noticed that one is taut and straight. The other is slightly loose with the...
  7. Ruppelstiltskin

Any successful alternator installs?

I'm new to bikes altogether. I just picked up a Rupp and it came without lights. I understand there was originally a stator/magneto lighting coil setup that would power the lights? I surfed for a couple hours trying to find info on hooking up an alternator but came up with very little. I don't...
  8. Ruppelstiltskin

New guy with new old fun junk

Howdy! I started reading through builds on the forum couple days back after finding a Rupp withering away at a buddy's house. I'm a car guy and know very little about bikes and figured this would be a fun little toy/project. Didn't know anything about minis or Rupps but looks like fun stuff...