Search results

1. T

predator bog issue

it's running great now. no issues so far
  2. T

predator bog issue

This is my first minibike so I don't have a frame of reference but it seems to be running fine now, much better than before. Thanks
  3. T

predator bog issue

I just checked and remembered incorrectly. I read that half-choke statement in the doodlebug manual with the stock engine. Thanks for the help anyway!
  4. T

predator bog issue

Maybe it meant half choke works best when first starting :laugh:
  5. T

predator bog issue

Yes. The manual says the engine runs the best at half choke? :shrug:
  6. T

predator bog issue

I never ran it with the stock engine, and no I don't have a stock muffler. Added all three upgrades before the initial break in, per some members' advice that it didn't matter. First time I ran it, I never went full throttle as it was around my apt. complex and tried to be safe. I took it to an...
  7. T

predator bog issue

I'm having an issue where at 3/4 - full throttle the engine is bogging down. Any ideas what it could be? I have a predator 212, high flow air filter, 37 jets. The engine only has about 5 hours on it. Thanks
  8. T

Hot leg

Thanks! The black looks pretty sweet
  9. T

Hot leg

Ahh, makes sense. So either use a cover or wear long pants :thumbsup:
  10. T

Hot leg

lol, should've used my infrared camera! it's just I feel some air blowing at my leg and it seems to be coming from the clutch area. when I first broke in the engine, I felt air coming from the drive shaft so maybe it's just normal.
  11. T

Hot leg

12. T

Hot leg

I'm trying to figure out how to post pics...
  13. T

Finally done with my DB30

Thanks for the link! My bike isn't powder coated so I hope it holds up because my muffler will exit through the same space. May have to use heat resistant spray paint later on? Oh well :laugh:
  14. T

Hot leg

I see a lot of people without a cover on the clutch and when I sat on the bike for the first time, all I get is a lot of hot air blowing on my leg. I'm assuming that's normal since it is rotating pretty fast? Sorry for the dumb question, first bike ever!
  15. T

Finally done with my DB30

nice bike! mine will be finished soon and similiar to yours. I like the clutch cover, is it custom? Also, do you find the muffler burning where it touches the frame?
  16. T

Help out a newbie

Thanks for the input everyone.
  17. T

Help out a newbie

I only have the engine. I was planning to upgrade that first then find a frame to throw it on haha I might run it stock first, but knowing me, I'll get the modding bug! Should I break it in then upgrade or it doesn't matter?
  18. T

Help out a newbie

Thanks! I'm glad I found this site!
  19. T

Help out a newbie

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and to minibikes in general. I was looking to do some simple upgrades to my predator 212 for now(air filter, jet, header), at what point during my build would I need to upgrade flywheel and rod? I'm looking forward to my minibike journey!