Search results

1. A

Belt Widths and Performance?

Yes, That is the same bike. I'm not sure where this thread went wrong. I was always planning on keeping the original setup just with a different clutch. The whole reason I was asking about belts widths was because the Salsbury is a symmetrical belt and the comet 20 is also a symmetrical belt...
  2. A

Wow, you are ridiculous.
  3. A

Other than the engine and clutch I'm not changing anything, what do you mean by "if" I don't get that
  4. A

So basically the setup I'm planning on is a Tec H60 "1" Shaft" to a 7" Driven on a 3/4" Jackshaft. I haven't mocked up where the engine will sit in respect to the jackshaft. That could change some stuff too.
  5. A

I don't see why there would be any difference between asymmetrical and symmetrical belts other than install limitations. The original clutch set up was a symmetrical with no TAV plate of course which is why I was thinking about the 20 series. I'm not understanding the second part of the reply...
  6. A

Awesome, That's the info I was looking for. I'll probably go for the comet initially and keep an eye out for a used Salsbury driver. Thanks for the response. Jess
  7. A

So, what would make a company choose to use a Salsbury 500 that's a 1" belt series over say a Comet 20 Series? Maybe there were limited TC options then? Does Belt width effect performance or longevity? I'm working on my trailmate which was missing the driver and the driven is pretty rusted up...
  8. A

Well I can't wear them both so why not give one away!!!!!

OK, It should be a contest where the winner is decided by whomever has the best idea on how to pick the winner, and thereby the person who comes up with the winning idea on how to best pick the winner, wins the clip. BAM!!!!
  9. A

5hp Briggs with TC, any fit issues?

I have no idea why they came out upside down. I'll have to remember to hold my phone right side up next time.
  10. A

Ok, Here are the pics.
  11. A

New Project Trailmate!!

Here are some pics. Tonight I'm going to measure the shaft and see if I can get a Comet driven to fit, may have to do some machine work but that's no biggie.
  12. A

New Project Trailmate!!

Hey Guys, I scored a trailmate yesterday, for cheap. It's mostly complete but had a replacement motor in the form of a Kohler 7hp. Unfortunately it's missing a drive clutch, I think what I'm going to do is try and find a 5hp tecumseh and replace the entire torque converter with a Comet. I'll...
  13. A

I can't figure out how to post the pics from phone, may have to do it when I get back to the office tuesday
  14. A

Word Association Game

underwear
  15. A

OK, I wondered if that was off the cam. Cool, Thanks
  16. A

El Burro Frame dimensions?

Could I trouble someone to take some frame measurements from their El Burro for me, I'm going to build a copy and it would be nice to have a jumping off point. I was originally going to replicate and started a Trapper frame but changed my mind as I like the Sand N Sno better. I guess the more...
  17. A

I feel dumb for asking this but what is that shaft on the engine to the right of the crank??? How have I never seen one like that before? Also, Once you set the governor you can just use a spring to hold it in place at its peak rpm setting (UP), I tried a pulse jet on my 5hp and it just didn't...
  18. A

It is and it isn't, The TC will end up sitting with the driven side at a downward angle in order to clear the gas tank, so I guess it depends on the application. I had to cut the bottom of the TC plate in order to get the motor to sit flush, this was on a Baja warrior
  19. A

Jug fishing trip

That looks like fun! I love me some catfish, we don't have any up here but we fish for burbot in the winter and spring, they're similar to fish for, but not similar in texture or taste. BWL, is your motor a kit? Those longtail motors as well as the shaft drives are getting pretty popular up...
  20. A

Bonanza MB200

I'm "restoring" this Bonanza for my daughter to ride. Its an MB200 as far as I can tell, Her name is Scout so I thought it was fitting. Here is a few pictures of the progress to date. I found a couple of bad welds after wire wheeling so I got those welded up and primed it. I'll keep you guys...