Search results

1. J

Carlisle Turf Trac tires for DB (15 x 6.00-6 NHS)

Both tires are sold - thanks.
  2. J

Carlisle Turf Trac tires for DB (15 x 6.00-6 NHS)

I have (2) Carlisle 4-ply Turf Trac R/S Tires for sale which are new - never used. I purchased these from Jed's tires and are an excellent quality tire, but when I went to mount 1 of these tires the clearance was too close for me on my doodlebug, as I did not want to shim or otherwise modify...
  3. J

New rear tire - now brake clearance problem

Thanks & questions for Dudlydoodleright Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I think I am leaning towards trying to use a shim on the brake rotor first, to get it a bit further from the wheel, but then I thought I also need to shim the brake so that it would line-up with the rotor which...
  4. J

Is there some way that I could use some shims to get the brake rotor and brake housing away from the tire?
  5. J

I wondered the same thing. What looked strange to me was the open space at the edge of the rim, which seems like it makes the upper sidewall stick out more. Is it correct to have this space on the edge of the rim?
  6. J

Took tire down to 20 psi, but still rubs against the brake housing. Here is another picture of how the tire is mounted to the rim. Seems like the tire is not mounted all the way to the side of the rim. Is it possible that they (my local Rural King) incorrected mounted this tire to the rim...
  7. J

It is an "old style" DB 30, purchased at Pep Boys 2 years ago. Is it possible that the tire was mounted incorrectly, or tire defect? Also - what psi do you run your tire at?
  8. J

Just replaced our stock DB30 tire with: Carlisle Turf Trac R/S 15 x 6.00 - 6 NHS 4 ply / 30 psi Tire is currently inflated to 30 psi, but now the inside of the brake housing rubs against the tire (picture attached). I will try to reduce the tire pressure to 20 psi or so, but am not...
  9. J

rear tire

Suggest you contact Jed at Jed's Tires in Tenn. Do not have the web site, just do a search and call him - very helpful. He can offer a Carlisle 4-ply tire which is around $40 if you ride on pavement will be better tire. I just had my local Rural King install the tire on the rim for $10...
  10. J

Mod / top-end speed of Serengeti mini bike?

Thanks RobK for the additional information and clarification. I saw your pictures in the other thread, and that really looks great. Will be checking back for your reports and modifications you are doing. Really looks like there is some potential for this unit. Would anyone have an idea...
  11. J

RobK - will be very interested in how your build / modifications go with the new puma. I also had noticed that the chain will touch and apparently roll against something but was not sure if this was acting as a chain tensioner? That is a bit of a concern to me over the life of the bike...
  12. J

The responses here have been very helpful and informative. I am very interested in these new larger mini bikes with the 6.5 HP engine and shocks. I will keep watching the OldMiniBikes web site for more information / member experiences, suggestions, and observations about these new bikes, and thinking...
  13. J

Isn't the stock engine on these Pumas, a 6.5 HP, but not sure if the manufacture of the engines is the same as the HF Clones?
  14. J

Thank you for the posts. I do not know if the "Puma" which I saw is the same as the 100?? Not sure, but I do know that these Puma units are tall bikes. In regards to replacing the jackshaft unit with a torqueverter, where could I go for this part, and what would the price of this unit be...
  15. J

Can the Serengeti mini bikes to modified / adjusted to get a faster top-end speed? It looks like you can buy this as a kit (from Northern tool or others?), or can buy complete with motor from Target. I just saw one this morning and they are nice and tall, appeared to be heavy duty, and...
  16. J

Need a 2.8 engine for DB cheap!

PM me for some information. I have a 2.8 engine and clutch - brand new never been run. Was going to put on Craigs List next week. I am in Ohio. Thanks
  17. J

Doodlebug front fork/neck gap

Went to my local Fastenal store and they do not have the conical washers in stock. If I buy 4 washers (about 1.50) they have to charge me $4.00 in shipping. Seems a waste to buy four of these washers for almost $6.00. Also do not need to buy 100, which would then include free shipping. Can...
  18. J

Yesterday I took the front forks off my one DB30, and found a few things which were not correct. - Conical washers are missing. Looked on-line at Fastenal's web site, and part number which IPDDave gave is correct and listed, only problem I had is that it noted that all area Fastenal stores...
  19. J

After seeing this thread, I looked at our 3 DB's, and found a lot of difference. Original DB (yellow) purchased used: appears to the washers in as I can see a washer and there is no gap. DB (red) purchased new at Pep Boys spring 2009: has a gap just as noted in this thread. DB (red)...
  20. J

DoodleBug hydraulic brake

I am interested in this brake, but does the fact that it is a hydraulic brake make any difference on how long the brake pads last? I know that the DB 30 stock brake / pads seem to wear down quickly. What I am not sure is how a brake being hydraulic which just puts more pressure on the pad to...