Search results

1. J

Carlisle Turf Trac tires for DB (15 x 6.00-6 NHS)

I have (2) Carlisle 4-ply Turf Trac R/S Tires for sale which are new - never used. I purchased these from Jed's tires and are an excellent quality tire, but when I went to mount 1 of these tires the clearance was too close for me on my doodlebug, as I did not want to shim or otherwise modify...
  2. J

New rear tire - now brake clearance problem

Just replaced our stock DB30 tire with: Carlisle Turf Trac R/S 15 x 6.00 - 6 NHS 4 ply / 30 psi Tire is currently inflated to 30 psi, but now the inside of the brake housing rubs against the tire (picture attached). I will try to reduce the tire pressure to 20 psi or so, but am not...
  3. J

Mod / top-end speed of Serengeti mini bike?

Can the Serengeti mini bikes to modified / adjusted to get a faster top-end speed? It looks like you can buy this as a kit (from Northern tool or others?), or can buy complete with motor from Target. I just saw one this morning and they are nice and tall, appeared to be heavy duty, and...
  4. J

6.5 HP Clone - governor function?

I just did my first 6.5 HP Clone swap, and on my db 30 mini bike, this new engine really provides some power. My question has to do with the "governor". I noticed in the throttle assembly there looks like a screw which limits the travel distance of the throttle, much like the speed limit...
  5. J

First Mini Bike: What is this Mini Bike?

Finally found a picture of my first mini bike. This picture was taken in the 70's and was just after my father and I repainted and fixed-up the bike over the winter. This bike had a 5 HP Briggs, and brake was shoe over the clutch, and worked well. After I figured out how to bypass the...
  6. J

DB 30 vs Baja Carbon (6.5 HP) - suggestions?

I am new to posting here, and I tried to search this, but could not find a history of this question, so here goes...Currently I have a DB 30, which in a few days will be getting a 6.5 HP clone engine ($99 on sale at HF) / (mounting kit from cjmini), and looking to have a minibike with some...