Search results

1. S

Yamaha BW-80

sounds good to me. would 30:1 be an ok mix?
  2. S

Yamaha BW-80

funny thing: I took off that nut in the center of the the flywheel. the flywheel wouldn't come off. so I put the nut back on. and guess what? it has spark now. huh.
  3. S

Yamaha BW-80

ok, thanks. How might I go about testing the oil system? I'd like to check that over. there are actually 2 oil reservoirs. one in the motor itself, ig for the crankcase, and one under the seat, oil that gets burned. I'll probably drain that. Is there a way to adjust how much oil its...
  4. S

Yamaha BW-80

I'm 99% sure its a 4 stroke. seperate oil reservoir.
  5. S

Yamaha BW-80

Yeah I been looking for parts. my shopping list so far: Exhaust pipe, shift lever, air box, left side engine cover, probably a gasket set, and maybe piston rings (guy who gave it to me said it smoked a lot)
  6. S

Yamaha BW-80

Yeah and its not too small either which is nice. I fit on it good, Im 5'11". this is gonna be fun in the woods. I am determined to get it running
  7. S

Yamaha BW-80

I wonder If an exhaust pipe from a yz50 would fit. If it did I could save a few bucks
  8. S

Yamaha BW-80

yeah I'm glad of that because I need a lot of parts.
  9. S

Yamaha BW-80

Yep, its 1986
  10. S

Yamaha BW-80

So it looks like the motor related parts are compatible with PW80 parts, which is good. I wonder how much the pw80 changed from then to now, and if year matters.
  11. S

Yamaha BW-80

I'll try that, thanks.
  12. S

Yamaha BW-80

There’s another problem. the screws for the flywheel are totally stripped. I’m going to try to weld a bit of steel to them. To extract them, then just replace them. Otherwise I will get a lefty drill bit
  13. S

Yamaha BW-80

Hi all, I just got this bike from a guy at work. Its kind of a basket case. At least it was free...now I have a summer project, not that I needed another. No spark..If anyone has any ideas on where would be the first place to check I'd be grateful. I did switch the spark plug. Its also...