Search results

1. N

Not seeing DB's on Craigslist...?

Really just a statement. I really thought I would be seeing more broken down db's in the want ads. Joe's Sports has one in the liquidation process with a blown engine and flat rear tire. They still want 175.00 for it?? I guess as they get closer to the end of the liquidation the price will come...
  2. N

Black Friday Deals?

Last year about this time someone mentioned DB's selling for 100.00 the day after Turkey Day. Anyone hear any scuttlebutt this year?
  3. N

Harbor Freight 6.5 Engines Back on Sale!!

Get in there! 100.00 for 6.5......... Wow!
  4. N

Rattle Can Paint Jobs. You will enjoy!

If your a rattle head like me this will give you some new inspiration. Check it out. pic request - just rattle can paint jobs - The Jockey Journal Board Enjoy my brothers. :thumbsup:
  5. N

Twins!

Just picked up a couple DB-30's for my kids. I figured I'd buy them now before Santa Claus starts buying them up. I bought mine at Joe's in Eugene, Or for 219.00. Amonth ago they were 199.00. The guy that helped said they have been selling like hotcakes. One person bought 6 yesterday. Now...
  6. N

Who sells parts like this?

Resources guys? Thanks! Norm
  7. N

Removing Tire From Wheel (2 part) Advice.

If your wrestling with this problem heres what I did. 1. Release air from tube 2. Grab tire in vice 3. Obviously remove nuts and bolts holding wheel together 4. Apply w-d 40 or other lube to tire bead close to wheel 5. Give it 5 minutes and wiggle and pull wheel out 6. Repeat on other...
  8. N

Wheel to Sprocket Assembly Question.

Tires and wheels were on sale at Harbor Freight yesterday, bought a set. My question, is there an assembly that fits to the face of the wheel as opposed to being a "through" assembly? Bendix is stamped into the old through assembly which is pretty beat up. Thanks in advance~ J
  9. N

Taking Forks Apart?

Is there a trick to taking the lower forks off? Or how do I remove pins?
  10. N

Fox Sprite Info.

Wondering if these forks are stock, I have yet to see this on any other sprite. Also wondering what the brackets on the sides are for? Thanks for the help!
  11. N

Cleaning or stripping the frame...

Is there a preffered way of doing this? Products? I understand having it chemicaly dipped is an option. What type of outfit offers this service and whats the rough cost? Thanks Guys!
  12. N

Any mini parts places in Sacramento?

In Sacramento on business with a few bucks to spend. Any neat places to look for mini parts?
  13. N

Steering Upgrade?

Is there something other than lots of lube that makes this a better working system? Thanks
  14. N

Clutch questions.

Just bought the new 6.5 at HF. Should I remove clutch from old engine and use or buy new, if so any reccomendations? Also, is there any "how to" tutorials on removing clutches? Thanks Guys! By the way, thanks for the coupon for the engine!
  15. N

Harbor Freight 6.5 on a Fox Sprite Experience?

Has anyone gone through the motions on this? I'm a newbie Dad trying to freshen up the ol' sprite. It had a tired Briggs 5.0 on it. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:
  16. N

Id my mini please.

New to the forum. Just picked up this mini today. Can anybody help with the id process? The guy I bought it from said it was a 60's era mini, he thought it was a Fox Sprite. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also if there are any Id markings, where would I search? Thanks! Jason