Search results

1. N

HM80 only runs with choke on

I've been building my Super Bronc. I've got the stock carb and the governor linkage all hooked up. It will start with the choke on, after letting it warm up, as I turn down the choke the engine starts to die, it won't idle or stay alive with throttle. Setting are main 1.5 to 2 turns out doesn't...
  2. N

Tecumseh 632402 Carb Idle Set Screw and Spring

My carb didn't come with the idle set screw and spring. It's #17 and 18 of the diagram. So far I have not been able to find any for sale. Anyone know where to get them, what the part numbers may be or what the screw size is?
  3. N

VT-8 kick stand Spring Mounting

Does anyone have a picture of how the kick stand spring mounts to the frame? Here is the kickstand that I have. I'm not sure how the spring mounts to the frame.
  4. N

Blinker flasher relay

I've got a VT-8 that I'm wiring. The bike had blinkers on it. I put in a 2 pin LED relay. I have this switch cluster, un the picture. The #2 wire is power to the blinkers. I wired the L side of the flasher to #2 and wired the B side to an on off switch that's connected to the battery. My...
  5. N

HM80 Air Filter Housing

I'm looking for the air filter and housing for my HM80-155174E, I have the Tecumseh carb 632402. Here is a pic, there is about 3 inches from the top of the brake housing to the center of the carb bolts. I think it's part number Tecumseh 730127, wanting to see if anyone can verify this.
  6. N

Super Bronc VT-8 Brake Light Switch

I'm looking for a brake light switch that could work either on the left side brake handle or at the rear spring. If anyone has any aftermarket/home made brake switches I'd like to see what people have done.
  7. N

Heald Super Bronc 8ph

I just picked us a super bronc 8hp, not sure on the year. Does anyone know what spark plug is recommended? I had a Briggs and Straton vbe 796112 and a Champion RJ19LM, both plugs instantly fouled after running for maybe a minute on start up. Any advice?