Search results

1. Brandonmcgier192

Engine noise

I oiled up the bushing and the noise stopped. Thanks.
  2. Brandonmcgier192

Engine noise

Anyone know what is causing this sound on my predator 212? Is it an issue with the clutch. https://youtube.com/shorts/OcJtraf7Uto?si=EGqD7XzPODs7AXTt
  3. Brandonmcgier192

Predator 79cc Camshaft bolt size

Hey I got a quick question. I picked up this used Predator 79cc and I can’t find a bold that fits the camshaft to hold the clutch. I tried a 5/16 18 and 5/16 24 but they both appear to be a little too big. From what I found online, 5/16 24 is supposed to fit but doesn’t. Does anyone know the...
  4. Brandonmcgier192

Ct200u talk

What would be the best gearing to run with a t/c for street riding
  5. Brandonmcgier192

Ct200u talk

I did not bump up the compression for the piston. Stock piston and head gasket. I do not know the compression ratio. I do not know if I checked the clearances. I left the stock timing key in for the aluminum flywheel - it came with a separate key but I don't know what the degrees affects. Valve...
  6. Brandonmcgier192

Ct200u talk

I’m looking for more top end speed (street riding). Low end isn’t as important.
  7. Brandonmcgier192

Ct200u talk

Is a chain tensioner required to run a straight chain on a Ct200u? I’m going to ditch the stock engine and move to predator 212 for better performance.
  8. Brandonmcgier192

Ct200u talk

I applied some exhaust sealant over the crack.
  9. Brandonmcgier192

Ct200u talk

Looks like there’s a crack in the exhaust pipe and the gasket is done for ‍♂️
  10. Brandonmcgier192

Ct200u talk

Changed back to a 50t sprocket but only reached 38 mph, 2mph less top speed than the 40t. Also it appears that the new exhaust gasket I installed 2 days ago has already gone bad and is leaking air causing backfiring. Any reason as to why the gasket could already be bad or is it just a faulty one.
  11. Brandonmcgier192

Ct200u talk

Yes, installed 18lbs
  12. Brandonmcgier192

Ct200u talk

Also, how do you mount the custom gas tank. The stock one sucks and leaks gas from the cap so I definitely want to get a custom one but am unsure of how to mount it onto the frame.
  13. Brandonmcgier192

Ct200u talk

I’m looking to get smaller tires for it, any that you recommend?
  14. Brandonmcgier192

Ct200u talk

Added some new parts to the ct200u. Aluminum flywheel, billet rod, mikuni vm22 with 120 jet, gov removed, 40t sprocket, torque converter. The bike only reaches 40 mph, the same as before I modified the bike. Anyone know why this could be? I’m looking to try to get it to 50mph for street riding...
  15. Brandonmcgier192

Backfiring flames out exhaust

Yes I see here next to exhaust, its all darker so the backfiring is from a bad gasket.
  16. Brandonmcgier192

Is there a replacement gasket that I could get/make? I don’t have any spare on me
  17. Brandonmcgier192

Switched to a 100 jet and the backfiring is basically gone. Why would a 120 jet be causing the flames when most people recommend that as a good jet size?
  18. Brandonmcgier192

Is this a good amount of oil or too much?
  19. Brandonmcgier192

I screwed the fuel mixture screw 3 1/2 turns out and the flame/backfiring really calmed down. I could still only top out at 38 mph.
  20. Brandonmcgier192

I’m using a vm22 carb with this exhaust.