Search results

1. F

Kawasaki kv75

Does anyone what carb is suppose to be on one of these? I can grab one for 75$ but the carb looks like a tiltson or something like that. Dosnt look like it belongs there. Thanks for any help.
  2. F

Bench break in??

I bought a hf for 59$+tax and well Iv been breaking it in on the doghouse roof. Three oil changes allready. Just letting it run at varied throttle settings. Let it run at half throttle for well I dont know I forgot about it and it ran out of gas. I didnt have anything to put load on it because I...
  3. F

6inch Wheels needed!!

I need a set of wheels for an old minibike 6 inch. Would be nice if they were complete with a good sprocket #35.
  4. F

Whats a good resource for wheels that dont cost an arm and a leg

Is there a decent priced place for getting parts. I need complete wheels and a throttle. I poked on ebay and the thottle is like 20 but the wheels are all like 90$ for a 6inch. Used ones are about the same because there "vintage" or "rare". Help me out if you can
  5. F

5hp briggs ic vs bushing

I have a chance to get a nice briggs 5hp taper shaft ic engine. I cant use the taper shaft but I do have a standard 5hp crank off an engine with a wasted bushing on the flywheel side. Could I just swap the cranks? I piked up an old frame with junk wheels. It has a spring under the steering...
  6. F

Might someone have an extra blue clone pullstarter?

I got my chain and sprockets all figured out and took the mini for a spin and ended up flipping it over and it landed on the pullstart side and smashed it:hammer:. Its not made of thick sheet steel like a briggs. I know alot of guys use starters and was hoping someone might have one their not...
  7. F

Has anyone ever tempered a chain?

We got the clone and now are going through chains like crazy on our mini,lets not even talk about master links. Im a bigger guy #230 and the links just snap on me. I was going to get a new chain and some master links,my vat of used motor oil and heat the the chain and master links in a camp...
  8. F

I have a question about the board

I have a hard time finding my posts if its been a day or two to post my results and also theres a ton of dead end threads. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there is a way to check what we post?
  9. F

I have kind of a strange question

Do you all think its ok to hose down a 6.5 clone to get the mud off? There is alot on the head and cooling fins. We were out riding and got stuck in a massive rain storm,it was warm so we just kept putting till the clutch complained
  10. F

I want to change out the spark plug

Does anyone have cross referance for the chinese plug that it comes with. Champion,ngk or whatever works best. Its starting to backfire getting off the trottle,when my xr250 would start that id change the plug and it would stop that and run better.Granted a plug in my XR would last a year or 2...
  11. F

Do the blue clones have an alternator?

Im asking cuz a headlight would be nice to have. It has a low oil shutoff that has to have power right? A bike light isnt a problem but i was just wondering. Also it backfires sometimes when we start it,is that normal? Thanks:thumbsup:
  12. F

Iv searched,I need some throttle help

I searched and searched,I just picked up a hf 6.5 for 99$ and I got a one year 3month warranty with it and I dont want to butch it for the throttle. Do you have any ideas that could help us out? Im going to be working on it tonight. I got it loosened up but putting the cable to it is going to...
  13. F

old 3hp briggs block 882? 5hp block and crank 13027?

I have an old 3hp with a bad bore my son ran it out of oil....twice on one of his outings dont think it can be bored out. Not much about it on the net. I have a 13027 5hp block that the flywheel bushing and crank journal are spent. Id like to know if someone out there has these replacements for...
  14. F

motoskeeter 450s

This may be the wrong place for this so heres the link Moto Skeeter Minibikes-Model #'s 450- 3 total bikes The guy said everything is there to build all three of them. 2 engines run one is unknown.
  15. F

I have a question...another one

I have a great shape 5hp briggs carb and gas tank with a crap engine...I also have a 3hp briggs engine in great shape -piston and rings(smoker) with a beat on, bent carb and gas tank. Im away from it right now(no internet at the shop) but will they interchange? I know the 5 has a way...
  16. F

Gold briggs 5hp maybe??

I got old b&s what I think is a 5hp from this older guy i know. Its missing the flywheel coil well everything on the outside of the engine except the tank and carb.. It did have an elec start but i didnt grab that just rope starter. How do I id what engine this is? I cant find a number on it...
  17. F

Im new and have a question about 3hp engines

I have 2 3hp engines from the late 70s, one is a hor. shaft the other a vert. The hor. shaft is for my minibike but has no compression. The vert shaft engine is in perfect low hour shape. They both have 3/4 shafts. my question is can I strip the hor. shaft engine parts and use them in the vert...