Search results

1. Cotmullion

Someone must know.....

This: For sale ove rhere in the UK, love to know what it is as I might be interested. The engine is a Honda C90 engine, not the original motor obviously. Weird footpegs too, eh?
  2. Cotmullion

Did I do well?

Got these two over the weekend. Both non runners, and more so the Clinton, but I hope to change that :biggrin: They are a Tecumseh HS40 and a Clinton 4.5hp. (Actually its a Newton but I gather that was was what they called them after they moved from being made in the US to being made in...
  3. Cotmullion

8hp Briggs worth it

Are they any good for minibikes, or just too big and heavy for the performance they give? I understand they are torquey so are good for off-road and low ratio stuff. Anyone got any pictures of 8hp briggs's fitted/shoehorned into minibikes? I am thinking of making yet another Bird style minibike...
  4. Cotmullion

gx200 mounting pattern??

What's the mounting pattern for a gx200? Is it the same as a briggs 5hp flatty? Similarly, is the crank case mounting pattern the same?
  5. Cotmullion

Honda clone tuning parts

I am considering buying a new Honda gx200 clone engine 6.5 Hp LT200Q1 PETROL ENGINE replaces HONDA GX, B & S | eBay, but as I have never owned a Honda engine or delved into the world of clone engines before, I want to know, really how similar are they to the genuine Honda engines? To what extent...
  6. Cotmullion

Wire loop terminal on throttle linkage??

So friggin' close to having my bike rideable again, just need to connect my throttle cable to the under tank lever on my briggs 5hp. I've been after ways of fixing it to the lever using the least possible space. Tried a cable clevis with grub screw but the head of the through bolt just fouls...
  7. Cotmullion

5hp throttle, what do I need?

OK, I think I know why my bike has been running weird. It is because the throttle is set up to bypass the governer :doah: Effectively, the throttle butterfly isn't free to move when it is running; it is more or less linked solid to the throttle with a stiff spring. I want to run a governer...
  8. Cotmullion

Just a 'ikle tiny cable clevis

Can anyone spare a cable clevis like the one circled in the first picture (not mine), to replace the shoddy nut and wire setup (which is mine) in the second picture? Looking for something with a grub screw or something like that. Thanks.
  9. Cotmullion

Briggs 5hp throttle hunting HELP!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I briefly got my 5hp working fine but now the engine has recently began hunting and running irratically. Basically, you start it on full choke and it starts after 2 or 3 pulls which is fine, but it runs too fast (although that might be because the idle screw is wound all the way in). When...
  10. Cotmullion

Briggs 5hp cuts out

Right, now having finally got my briggs going, it has now began to cut out after a few seconds of running. I have tried different choke/throttle settings but to no avail. It does need priming still even after changing the tank gasket, the fuel pump diaphram and the head gasket. Is there anything...
  11. Cotmullion

Cotmullion's scratch build Mk2

About 4 years back I made this: And to be honest, it was build awfully. I had only learnt to 'weld' days before and the frame was made with little time spent measuring and virtually no weld penetration anywhere on the bike. I can't believe I rode the bike to a top speed of 22mph! Fast...
  12. Cotmullion

5hp won't start easily

I have recently managed to get my 5hp running, but the trouble is, it only starts if you prime the gas tank (one person blows through a hose into the fuel tank, the other works at the pull start). I thought it was the diaphgram, so I changed that for a new one, but it has made no difference...
  13. Cotmullion

Stupid question on 5hp fuel pumps

This is a really daft question but heres goes: Why does a briggs 5hp pulsa jet carb need a diaphragm pump? I mean, surely it would work the same having only one long tube to draw fuel up into the manifold, seeing as it relies on pressure difference to suck the fuel up anyway. Why does it need...
  14. Cotmullion

Reassembling a chain

I need to lengthen my chain and have been looking at chain tools like this: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace They say they do #420, #428, #520 pitch ect, but does that mean they won't do a narrower #40 chain? Also, they state it can split chains, but will they reassemble them also? Is it...
  15. Cotmullion

WANTED Briggs 5hp Exhaust gasket

As the title says, just the gasket which goes between the port and the pipe, used is fine. I am also after a new 5hp diaphram. I am in the UK BTW.
  16. Cotmullion

5hp throttle cable connection..

I have '77 Briggs 5hp (#130232), and I am unsure where the throttle cable goes and what I need to link it to. Sorry I have no pictures at the moment, but some shots of how it goes would be really helpful. N.B; There is a sort of clip directly under the air inlet on top, which I am pretty sure...
  17. Cotmullion

Electric conversion briggs 5hp

I think I am pretty sure already, but just to make doubly super doober sure, is installing the electric ignition coil #397358 (this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270827266157?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 ) just a simple case of bolting it on, setting the gap on the...
  18. Cotmullion

Please help me with my 5hp magneto!!!!!

I have just bought a 5hp briggs and am trying to get it to run. Theres no spark, so i took took it apart and got to the coil and points ect. I found the wire was not attached to the coil from the magneto and was shorting, so I fixed that. It sparked after this, but later on decideed to once...
  19. Cotmullion

Briggs 5hp spark plug type?

As the title says, what is the spark plug number/code for a 5hp flathead briggs?n
  20. Cotmullion

Band brake not working well

I have installed this Comet band brake onto my scratch build, but it isn't very effective. I spend ages adjusting the cable but it is still really bad at stopping the bike. One thing I noticed was the solid bracket flexes slightly under braking. If I stiffen/strengthen this, will that help? I...