Search results

1. rjwhitne

Chicago Boonie-Bike

Hi all, been a member here for quite some time but stopped visiting after selling my Boonie about 9 years ago in the Chicago area (one of my greatest regrets!). Was given the bike when I was about 10 and should have never sold the thing- picture proof attached, although clearly I did some work...
  2. rjwhitne

The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

Hi all, been a member here for quite some time but stopped visiting after selling my Boonie about 9 years ago in the Chicago area (one of my greatest regrets!). Was given the bike when I was about 10 and should have never sold the thing- picture proof attached, although clearly I did some work...
  3. rjwhitne

Heathkit Boonie Wanted

Looking for a Heathkit Boonie minibike I sold on craigslist about 8 years ago. This is a longshot, but seeing if it's out there... 4 HP Tecumseh engine, blue paint job, rear drum brake, chain tensioner...
  4. rjwhitne

Heathkit Boonie - Brakes

Spike77 - I believe that you are right about the amount of travel in the lever arm, but I dont know if theres much I can do to change that...? Ill try to take a pic tomorrow and post it so you can see what it looks like. Ive just always had alot of trouble with the current setup. theres not...
  5. rjwhitne

Heathkit Boonie - Brakes

Hello, I have a heathkit boonie mini bike and when I originally bought it second hand it had some sort of brake configuration on it; the was a step-peddle on the left foot rest which came to the rear tire where there was a "paddle brake" on the rear tire. The paddle would just rub up against...
  6. DSC01497

DSC01497

7. DSC01494

DSC01494

8. DSC01493

DSC01493

9. rjwhitne

Heathkit Help Please.

Awesome, thanks everyone for the help
  10. rjwhitne

Heathkit Help Please.

Strigoi: I cant seem to figure it out, but when i do take a link off, its to short to connect the two ends, but with that link in, theres too much slack. Im not sure if the engine plate is slotted. Is it possible that the chain actually stretches over time...? Edit: The photo that I...
  11. rjwhitne

Heathkit Help Please.

Im not sure what a jackshaft is, could you explain please. Also, you said that you noticed the chain is running from the clutch right to the sprocket, is there another option?
  12. rjwhitne

Heathkit Help Please.

Well Im at college at i cant take a picture, but I drew a detail drawing of it. Essentially its two conduit hangars bolted to the frame, conduit goes through the hangars and the PVC spins freely on the conduit. the problem is that the chain tends to eat through the PVC a bit. (the pvc fits...
  13. rjwhitne

Heathkit Help Please.

thanks for the help
  14. rjwhitne

Heathkit Help Please.

I have an old mini bike that, as far as I can tell, is a Heathkit (see pictures to verify). I've got two areas that I hope someone can help me with. 1. I've twice tried putting a drum brake assembly on, but both times the brake seems to wear out very quickly. Is there a popular disc brake...