Search results

1. rjwhitne

Chicago Boonie-Bike

Hi all, been a member here for quite some time but stopped visiting after selling my Boonie about 9 years ago in the Chicago area (one of my greatest regrets!). Was given the bike when I was about 10 and should have never sold the thing- picture proof attached, although clearly I did some work...
  2. rjwhitne

Heathkit Boonie Wanted

Looking for a Heathkit Boonie minibike I sold on craigslist about 8 years ago. This is a longshot, but seeing if it's out there... 4 HP Tecumseh engine, blue paint job, rear drum brake, chain tensioner...
  3. rjwhitne

Heathkit Boonie - Brakes

Hello, I have a heathkit boonie mini bike and when I originally bought it second hand it had some sort of brake configuration on it; the was a step-peddle on the left foot rest which came to the rear tire where there was a "paddle brake" on the rear tire. The paddle would just rub up against...
  4. rjwhitne

Heathkit Help Please.

I have an old mini bike that, as far as I can tell, is a Heathkit (see pictures to verify). I've got two areas that I hope someone can help me with. 1. I've twice tried putting a drum brake assembly on, but both times the brake seems to wear out very quickly. Is there a popular disc brake...