A Better Doodlebug

Good movie. Looks like its got a lot of power! Where can you get the brake? Also what size tires looks like 12 inch

Last edited:
Wow, I haven't goosed the throttle on our champion yet but it looks like the TAV2 and rejet gives even more torque. :thumbsup: Nice vidio and the car honking was funny. BTW, you have a Jessie James look going on there. GTO

Don

That looks like fun. My son and I each have a Doodle Bug and wouldn't mind more power. I don't think we need that much though.

we put the champion 6.5 in my brothers dbug today. everything stock, and left the gov in. it runs fast, plenty of top end. i flipped the clutch in order to have the sprocket close to the engine, and still needed to drill new mount holes in the plate so the sprockets lined up.

The Carb?

Is the carb stock what brand air cleaner what jet did you use has anyone tryed to adapt a disk brake for the front wheel and last you said something about finding a sight for calipers and the mouting flanges WEB SIGHTS PLEASE thanks Dave

Last edited:
I swapped a 7 horse Subaru onto one of our DBs a few months ago. We went through a couple of Comet clutches and finally decided to get a TAV2. I can tell you it definitely gives more torque. I weigh about 380 and with me sitting on the front edge of the seat, if I were to flat out lay into the throttle I'd be coming off. I've been trying to get some video, but I'm too scared of falling on my ass and really hurting something. I don't heal as fast as I did when I was 20. I did a super bad ass burn out the other day at my son's schools' park. I didn't know it was a wet spot and since it WAS grass, I figured why not, so I let in to it, and he was simply amazed that his big ass dad could do that, it was really funny. I got a good 30 foot burn out before it dried out enough to catch and start the front tire coming off the ground. It got about 5 inches off the ground for about 10 feet before I realized it. I imagine that set-up you got should be just as fun, good luck with it.