Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am building a trike,too. I used a tote gote for most of the frame. A lawn tractor gave me a transaxle with tires, wheels and brakes. The transaxle had three speeds and reverse. The motor will go on backwards to provide proper rotation to the transaxle. I made the bed after looking at brochures for tote gotes. Picture in my last post.

Hi Richard: Our friend Motra sent me a bunch of photo's all about the charger's and the load star three wheelers. His goal is to have a trike too and the step through design would make it very rider friendly for people with limited lets say flexibility. LOL I found the tires like yours new from Dennis Carpenter Cushman for $75.00 each but they want too much for the wheels but I do like that flat top tread pattern and the taller overall diameter just have to git my mind around the price. LOL That means to sell another Heat Pump or AC system for more play money. So on goes the ( CushGote ) Trike progress.
    What engine is in your trike ? I have a cast Iron 8 HP Tecumseh with electric start and dual coil alternator but the little sucker is 70 pounds light. I will put some pictures in a new photo album for the frame I got for this project.
    Steve

I have a 8hp briggs to put in my 3 wheeler. I found it at a yard sale for $25. It had never had oil in it but was missing the carb. Luckily I had an extra carb.

did you try threewheel world .com

Wayne : Take a look at my photo section, Today I posted pictures there of the Cushman side of this project. Steve

A year ago, we had only seen pictures of the tote gote three wheelers, now we have 4 of them. We'll keep you posted on progress.

I am the guy that bought the three wheel gote that is on page two of this thread. It goes into the shop in two days for some sanding priming and new paint. I have searched all winter for the correct motor with no luck so the Jap motor will stay in it for a short while later. Staying with what appears to be the original color the gote will be Case tractor orange over a cream color with a cream colored leather seat. This trike is a T-600 model with a three digit serial number. I will post photos when it is complete and it will be at the Little Sturgis motorcycle Rally in Sturgis Kentucky in July, I had it there last year and had tons of comments.

I have been working on my three wheeler. I built the bed and ordered fenders from a trailer shop. The motor sits in backwards to match rotation with the 3 speed transaxle ( with reverse ). Brakes are the next hurdle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Richard : Looks like your making great progress. What are the dimensions of your box you had made ? And what gage metal was used ? I am minuets away from placing an order for a Cushman front wheel and fender for my what I think is a 715 Highlander frame the only cheap part of this build.
    Steve

Sorry I haven't commented in over a year, I had password problems with a new computer. But I have completed the 3 wheeled monster we call Frankenstein. The are pics posted in my albums.