`
OldMiniBikes.com Home Page Vintage Mini Bike Forum Vintage Mini Bike Pictures
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > More than two wheels.

More than two wheels. This is the place to talk about go-karts, trikes, four-wheelers and your non-mini bike projects!

Become a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes.com today and enjoy less advertisements, unlimited photo hosting, and many other benefits listed on this page. Supporting Memberships help pay for bandwidth costs, software upgrades and the time that goes into this site.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

AlSport RTS-8 For Sale

I have a Very Nice AlSport RTS-8 for sale in the Complete Minibikes Section if anyone is interested . I have too many trikes so If not sold I will part out on E Bay next week . This is too nice of a trike to part out but I want my money back soon .
Fat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

To add to the picture the Tri-Sport RTS-8 was probably the best selling of the small frame trikes that were in that series. Plenty of power and a very reliable engine. I had a lot of fun with our shop demo a good handling trike. I have had them all the 5 HP and the MAC and there all fun and worth the restoration effort.
Steve

steven Durham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well I got the kart ahead of the horse again. After looking at all the pictures in Fat Boy's picture section I will tell you my unsolicited opinion.
It is the small frame RTS-8 and has a lot of factory accessories added like the rear fenders, only the big frame RTS came with them.
The front wheel is the right one, the Street Legal trikes all came with a 10 inch spoked wheel with a drum brake. And this trike has the stock band brakes and would never be allowed on a street legal machine.
The lighting kit was a generic kit not the same as was supplied on the street legal units. The head rest and rear rack was just an accessories item and does look good for a dressed up trike.
The small frame RTS series in stock form would go about 35 to 40 MPH with an adult rider.
I did make our shop RTS-8 street legal even with the drum brakes but that was just my dealing with the local California DMV and we all know how dumb they are. LOL
As the the offered trike by Fat Boy the price is very fair and should make for some great fun times.
Steve
steven Durham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Steve for your valued opinion . This one is all dressed up and ready to go home with someone . If anyone looking to buy an AlSport Trike doesn't buy this one they missed a good deal . I am going to say it is 95%+ complete and its getting tough to find them in this condition .
Old 08-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Still for sale anybody interested before it gets parted out
Old 08-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

No Longer for sale . I have deleted half of my pictures and will delete the other half tonight and will be gone by the morning . If I am not welcome here I don't want to be here . Thanks for looking

Lower Navigation
Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > More than two wheels.

Tags
alsport, rts-8, sale