`
OldMiniBikes.com Home Page Vintage Mini Bike Forum Vintage Mini Bike Pictures
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > More than two wheels.

More than two wheels. This is the place to talk about go-karts, trikes, four-wheelers and your non-mini bike projects!

Become a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes.com today and enjoy less advertisements, unlimited photo hosting, and many other benefits listed on this page. Supporting Memberships help pay for bandwidth costs, software upgrades and the time that goes into this site.

Old 12-27-2013, 04:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Picked up another Trike - BGW - (Tri-Rod? i think)

Picked up another trike this week. I cant seem to help myself. It has a BGW sticker on front, i believe its a Tri-Rod TR-351??? overall it looks pretty nice, body has cracks and a few chips but normal for these. It is missing a pretty key component tho, i need the bracket for the back with the pulley and everything! First one like this ive gotten so wasnt aware it was missing at the time! (still kinda dont bother me too much) If anyone out there has one on a frame they arent/cant use id love to buy it! If thats a no-go i think its shouldnt be too hard to fabricate one, if anyone has one to help me get measurements. I found a pic on here and highlight what i need. Also need a headlight, looks like itd be one like on my Owasso Explorer? Looks like someone made a plate for an engine at one time, but id like to set it up like it should be! I have 3 trikes now and only one is "done" (needs minor repairs still), so it might be a bit til i can get to this one but i plan on doing what i can until it warms up and hopefully finding the parts/info i need. Once i get to it ill start a new thread but thought id share the find and try and get some info and parts i kno ill need. I like it hope you do, cant wait to restore it
CaptNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

I sold it so I don't have the measurements but you can easily make one.

Gumpit
gumpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

Darn! Thats sucks, wish you had it still thatd be helpful, but the pics are good. If you have anymore pics you could share thatd be cool too! Did you restore yours? Do you kno where to find info on them or did you just wing it? Hopefully a search will turn up that part but ill start planning on fabricating one incase.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Tri-Rod TR-351 - Old Mini Bikes Photo Gallery

Gumpit
gumpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

thanks!!! those pics should really help, seen a few other ppl that might have one so hopefully if i cant find the parts they can help with measurements, nice to see how it should be tho and i think i can roughly take measurements from the pics and be close!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > More than two wheels.

Tags
bgw, tri-rod, trike