`
OldMiniBikes.com Home Page Vintage Mini Bike Forum Vintage Mini Bike Pictures
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > Off Topic Discussion

Off Topic Discussion Talk about anything non-mini bike related, or anything else you want.

Become a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes.com today and enjoy less advertisements, unlimited photo hosting, and many other benefits listed on this page. Supporting Memberships help pay for bandwidth costs, software upgrades and the time that goes into this site.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Haha sorry bout that. SO i got one answer, 30 bucks. Thats the price for generics from the pharmacy right? Ive herd that walmart has a 4 dollar generic plan. Anyone know anything about that?
845mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

have you been to the doctor? or are you making a self prescribing decision here that you need a pill used for anxiety? sounds to me like you might need an anti-depressant rather than klonopin.
mmisterbungl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Lorazipam 1 mg (generic Ativan) runs about 40 a month for 60 pills. luckily with my insurance it costs me around $8 a month. thats about as good a answer i can do for ya
skywriter01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

I have not been to the doctor YET. im not depressed. I have spurts of what i call panic attacks. It feels like my chest tightens up, i start worrying about EVERYTHING and often that keeps me up at night. Its like my mind wont shut off. Its not a daily thing but when it happens id like to have something to make the worry and tightness go away. I know a few people on xanax for similar reasons. Ill see what the doc says but im going to ask about a benzo. Something for spur of the moment, as needed. Rather then daily for a long time
Old 04-19-2011, 02:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

Hent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

There may be other alternatives. Exercise may help. Be careful what you ask for at the doc. Our antennas go up when patients come in asking for those types of drugs. A lot of "drug seekers" come in and don't get what they think they need. Be honest and tell him or her you symptoms. Again don't ask for specifics.
buckeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #17 (permalink)

No no. I have been wth this doctor for many years, As has my whole family. He asks me what works for me. I tell him what is awrong and what i have tried, or what i have had people recommend i ask the doc about. If i say that i think klonopin would be best for me for spur of the moment, once in a while treatment, he will happily start me with a very low dose and a check up soon after i start in order to see how its working. I know that there are drug seekers, i know many of them in fact. As i stated above though, i am not trying to get somehting this strong right off the bat. I have tried many natural options as well as some weaker ones long ago. These are no longer strong enough or fast acting enough so i am going to talk to him about something stronger. If i just wanted some drugs, i could make a quick phone call and get whatever i want. I want to get some help legally and in a correct, doctor recommended dose. I will be seeing him this monday afternoon. I just wanted to know how much i should plan on spendingwithout prescription insurance for a month supply.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

I hope you find something that works for you. Good doctors are a godsend!
Evilution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:39 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 845mx5 View Post
I have not been to the doctor YET. im not depressed. I have spurts of what i call panic attacks. It feels like my chest tightens up, i start worrying about EVERYTHING and often that keeps me up at night. Its like my mind wont shut off. Its not a daily thing but when it happens id like to have something to make the worry and tightness go away. I know a few people on xanax for similar reasons. Ill see what the doc says but im going to ask about a benzo. Something for spur of the moment, as needed. Rather then daily for a long time
St. John's Wort (actually, ANY anti-depressant can cause it, but SJW especially) MIXED with common Vicodin (or almost any opiod drug, Fentanyl patches, etc) CAN and DOES cause panic attacks in many people. I KNOW this for an absolute fact, because it happens to me. I'd be bouncing off the walls, with a feeling of IMPENDING DOOM. The first time it happened to me after surgery, (12 years ago) when I was on liquid Vicodin, and I didn't tell the doc that I had been using St. John's Wort. I spent 9 hours in the emergency room, until I came down. I was crawling the walls, and jittery/legs jumping, etc the whole time. All chemical induced panic.

IF you are still on the St. John's Wort, I highly suggest you stop using it immediately. It's a super powerful anti-depressant when used correctly. However, it mixes BADLY with many drugs.. and causes the panic attacks when mixed with pain meds as I've said ... It takes many months for it to leave the system... Any chance your attacks fit this scenario?

Last edited by MikeBear; 04-20-2011 at 05:43 AM.
MikeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:13 AM   #20 (permalink)

I dont use st johns wort any longer. And i not using opiates either. Especially FENTANYL. However its weird that you say that because my dad JUST started using the patch. 100mcg/hr. Never seen such a strong drug in my house before. (shivers) god that stuffs gotta be dangerous

Lower Navigation
Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > Off Topic Discussion

Tags
cost, cost?, klonopin, prescription