Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Cool Indian Mini to Adult Size Mini

I have had an Indian Mini Mini with factory sidecar for about 20 years, my kids grew up riding it and now my grandkids are giving it a go. But it is just too small for any adult to ride. A few years ago I found a parts bike in a MC junkyard and bought it for spare parts. I have now decided to make it into an adult size minibike that I can ride, why should the kids have all the fun? Below are pictures of what I started with. I would like to add that I have been collecting and restoring antique motorcycles for about 30 years and have a few home builds that I will show along the way of this build. Enjoy.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool

OK, get the porta band out it's time to start cutting..I had some spare time over the week end so I got started.
    I found some 10" shocks to put on the bike to replace the 8" ones so the first thing to do was to lengthen the down tube 2" so the swing arm stays level and I won't have any trouble down the road with the chain. This also rises the bike 2" which is an improvement for my 6' frame. Next was to lengthen the frame and rake it out for the longer front end. I lengthen it 7" on the top bar and cut out about 1/4" out of the top to change the rake. The frame started out to be a small 20 degree rake but now it is a better 32 degrees. May not work better but sure does look cooler. Next I need to decide and find the motor I want to use before I can complete the engine compartment.

Cool

You can see the improvement in the rake, length, and height of the frame as compared to the original Mini. Hopefully this will be enough for any adult to ride. I'm hoping for an 8 or 10 HP motor to install, after all it is for the BIG boys to ride....Next up, I have a seat and gas tank in mind I'll tinker with them and take some pictures...

wow that little pink one is pristine!! and the other one is coming along nicly

Talking Indian

Quote Originally Posted by LouieMCman View Post
    You can see the improvement in the rake, length, and height of the frame as compared to the original Mini. Hopefully this will be enough for any adult to ride. I'm hoping for an 8 or 10 HP motor to install, after all it is for the BIG boys to ride....Next up, I have a seat and gas tank in mind I'll tinker with them and take some pictures...
    Buy my 1974 Indian SE-74 for $600.00 and ride a real classic machine
    Steve

Cool

Thanks Steve, but I have several real ANTIQUE machines including the below real Indian....

Cool

I guess the picture link would help......duh

Cool Change to Indian "Midi"

I want to change the name from adult Indian mini to Indian "Midi"...

Cool Indian "Midi"

New bars and risers anyone? Yesterday I got out in the heat and made the risers and bars. It has been over 100 degrees the last four days but yesterday it cooled down to 95. The bars need tacked on to the risers at the right angle and then final welding, I'll also weld on a support piece over to the steering head like the original bars have.

Talking The real deal Indian

Quote Originally Posted by LouieMCman View Post
    I guess the picture link would help......duh
    Hello Louie MC man : You have the real deal there for sure. I remember as a boy seeing one up close and just loved the front fenders light and the inexpressive massive size of the bike and the great rumbling sound when it took off. Steve