Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: big block h40

big block h40

i pick up couple things this weekend and one if the items was a tecumseh big block 4hp. i have never seen one in person? i have seen couple on the internet. pick it up for $20 from a older guy that had it laying around in is shed for 25-30yrs bolted to a piece of wood. tecumseh was a replacement engine for his dad's snowblower that was built in late 60's. they installed it in the 70's and only ran it for couple of years and then the snowblower unit it self broke. so he took the engine off and never use it again. only to pull it over couple times a year to makesure it was free. it even has electric start and it works great. it could use a tune up,still runs good

also found a front mount gas tank for a small block tecumseh with off-set gas filler. very rare to find. first time that i have seen one in person.

Awesome...

Nice find Does that have a 1" shaft ???

yes,1inch shaft.......

Make a hell of a gokart

Cool, I hear they have more torque. Might have a iron sleeve too.

I got the 5HP with an old Glenco bike but someone shaved on the shaft. Don't know what to look for in getting a new shaft since the other types might not fit. Might have to shave it to 5/8'.
    Last edited by GTO; 05-17-2013 at 11:44 AM.

yes gto, i kind of wonder about that?

O'GOD gto your going to kill me i past up a brand new 3 or 4hp red clinton engine with front mount tank for $100...NEW..NEW. NEVER USE.. Glenco bikes came originally with a clinton engines? right? and also a super bronc three wheeler with lights for $100 complete all original. no room in my tahoe for that
    and a rolling 40's doodle bug for $225 to much work making it all original again missing alot of parts. sure was cool looking at it never seen one in person before......

Quote Originally Posted by delray View Post
    O'GOD gto your going to kill me i past up a brand new 3 or 4hp red clinton engine with front mount tank for $100...NEW..NEW. NEVER USE..
    Did you have to mention that?

i did see one other weird looking bike with a tecumseh motor on it. i almost forgot i had couple pictures on my cell phone
    wanted $500 it would of look alot nicer if he kept the engine original color