`
OldMiniBikes.com Home Page Vintage Mini Bike Forum Vintage Mini Bike Pictures
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > Engines and Modifications > Tecumseh Engines

Become a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes.com today and enjoy less advertisements, unlimited photo hosting, and many other benefits listed on this page. Supporting Memberships help pay for bandwidth costs, software upgrades and the time that goes into this site.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hangin with Neck and GTO

Question Tecumseh H60 with TAV in a Grasshopper?

So Phil brings me this Ruttman Grasshopper and just dying to have this H60 lighted motor in it, too bad the air cleaner is a no go.. After pondering it for a while, we ended up with an H80 intake, upside down, bolted to the H60 intake, then another H60 intake at the bottom to level the carb out.. Worked great.. Had to fab custom cable end and stuff.. No governor quick turn H60 dialed in pretty good and OH yeah don't forget the Tav...

He found a sweet pipe for it from a guy.. I had to tweak all the bends and rolls, and mounting tab to make it fit the bike and motor but worked out great as well.. missing a mount I never got to build but he was in a hurry to take off.. I ran it up and down the road a few times, pegged to the wood and it never moved, so good enough for now...

SO I get the bike started up after adding 1/2 quart of oil and fixing his prefixed carburetor.. A $40 carb cleaning job that it didn't need and all they did was get the throttle butterfly back in crooked so the carb could not idle down... Awesome... Good thing I know whats up and figured out the un-adjustable carb issue in about 2 minutes because I've seen that before.. They have a timing mark people...

well... after some hours of tweaks and fabs and ponderings, few beers maybe, finally have a something I'm willing to run up and down the road..

WOW!!!!!!! a Tav ungoverned quick throttle H60 in a minichopper.. I told him about 7 times "You need wheelie bars" "This things gonna kill you" ..... LONG before it was ever running..

He went 2 feet in two attempts and got two feet of air under the front wheel and decided maybe it wasn't gonna be his new cruiser after all..

Remember the 180 fishtail wheelie over backwards on the HS40 one speed Grasshopper??? YEAH... Gonna be twice as bad I'm not shittin ya..

Needs some finishing but I've done my part... OH!!!!!! and breaks... Yeah gotta get some brakes on there.. Nice bike Phil... It's a SCARY bastard. Definately a worthy adversary of my Bonanza Chopper 5 horse Briggs for sure..

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by The Restore Kid; 05-31-2010 at 06:10 PM.
The Restore Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

nice bike, that exhaust looks . whats going on with the little skull?
gbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hangin with Neck and GTO

No idea.. some previous owners added touch.. theres one on either side.. Kinda slick really..
Old 06-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

This thing! is "Dangerous" Thanks to "The Restore Kid" It's done and Ready to Rock,a project in the making! a part here, part there, and 1 year later this "Bad A$$ Monster" this clutch has no slack like a centrifugal clutch.TAV it just grabs and gone.so its a good idea to aim these thing's forward first. WHOA! Thanks to a good friend.
Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hangin with Neck and GTO

Eh it works good... Thats how they work... Yeah, it still needs brakes for sure before it's done but it's pretty close...
Old 06-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think a video of this bad hombre is in order
gpxsrxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm impressed. The pipe is killer, and the intake setup is pure genius

I had a H60 on my manco chopper and had the same clearance issues, the HM inrtake is the move!!
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

This the same bike on Detroit Craigslist??? Man all that work just to sell it?
Old 06-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hangin with Neck and GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpxsrxracer View Post
This the same bike on Detroit Craigslist??? Man all that work just to sell it?
I have not looked in the past couple days but if it is in Detroit I'm willing to bet a Dime to a Doughnut that, Yes it probably is... That happens a lot.... WAY a lot.... Always wants my high dollar hard to find parts too, just to turn around and Evilbay the stuff... He's about to be cut off...

Yup thats it....

Last edited by The Restore Kid; 06-06-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Restore Kid View Post
I have not looked in the past couple days but if it is in Detroit I'm willing to bet a Dime to a Doughnut that, Yes it probably is... That happens a lot.... WAY a lot.... Always wants my high dollar hard to find parts too, just to turn around and Evilbay the stuff... He's about to be cut off...

Yup thats it....
Man that sucks, help somebody out and then look what happens That thing is too cool to get rid of, especially with all the fabrication

Lower Navigation
Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > Engines and Modifications > Tecumseh Engines

Tags
grasshopper?, tecumseh