`
OldMiniBikes.com Home Page Vintage Mini Bike Forum Vintage Mini Bike Pictures
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk > What is it?

What is it? This forum is to find out what type of bike you have. Not to find out how much it's worth. When you successfully figure out which bike you have, please select "Best Answer" from whoever answered it.

Become a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes.com today and enjoy less advertisements, unlimited photo hosting, and many other benefits listed on this page. Supporting Memberships help pay for bandwidth costs, software upgrades and the time that goes into this site.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Answered: Craigslist mini bike: What is it?

Here's a pic of a mini bike listed on my local craigslist.

Here's the seller's description- "Cool mini bike needs carb and tank cleaned. Looks like mini motorcycle $100 firm".

What is it, and does $100 sound like a good price?

Jimmy S.
lonewolf57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Best Answer - Posted by mybiz
Its a plane jane fox hard tail maybe
Thunderbolt has swingarm

and sundowner has different frame
Old 07-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Looks like my Fox Thunderbolt without a front fender . $100.00 is a very good buy as I am concerned . I would buy it before it gets away as it won't last long . Fat Boy
Fat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hangin with Neck and GTO

I agree.. Definitely a Fox to whatever model.. Thunderbolt sounds right being it's the Tecumseh version of bike.. It looks to have the correct tilted intake manifold.. If thats true just that one piece, chain guard, and gas tank are worth WELL more than 100 bucks.. Any ride able bike is 100 bucks.. I'd say 100 dollars is a very good deal..
The Restore Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

$100 is more than fair, it's a fox possibly a sundowner. A good bike and a good buy!
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Its a plane jane fox hard tail maybe
Thunderbolt has swingarm

and sundowner has different frame
mybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Restore Kid View Post
I agree.. Definitely a Fox to whatever model.. Thunderbolt sounds right being it's the Tecumseh version of bike.. It looks to have the correct tilted intake manifold.. If thats true just that one piece, chain guard, and gas tank are worth WELL more than 100 bucks.. Any ride able bike is 100 bucks.. I'd say 100 dollars is a very good deal..
I talked to the owner over the phone, and he said the bike had a Tecumeh engine (he said he thinks it's a 3.5 hp). I told him that I couldn't look at the bike until next weekend if he still had it (My family and I leave out for Myrtle Beach, SC tomorrow). He said that he'd be working the evening shift this week, and he'd probably wouldn't be able to show it to anyone during the week, so he'd should still have it next weekend. I gave the owner my name and told him I'd call him next Saturday when we get back from the beach.

The owner said that the bike had been sitting in a shed for a couple of years, and the tank still had some old gas in it. He said that the carb needed cleaning, and the tank would probably need to be sealed....

How do you seal a gas tank?

Jimmy S.
lonewolf57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk > What is it?

Tags
bike:, craigslist, mini