Recent content by race

1. R

Cool Bonanza

Thanks. Yeah, now I see the tank position is roughly the same as similar Bonanzas. Is there some leeway to pull the tank back a bit for easier fill access? Looks like just a couple hose clamps going to a bracket under the seat. Odd marketing ploy though. If he simply used the word Bonanza...
  2. R

Cool Bonanza

So where does the term 'Tecumseh Little Giant' come from. Did the owner just make it up? (A Google search shows that Tecumseh actually had a subsidiary called Little Giant but those were utility pumps). It looks like a Bonanza. I'm assuming the gas tank position is not stock. Looks...
  3. R

Favorite movie and other nonsense

Frank De Vol - Senza Fine - (Flight of the Phoenix, 1965)
  4. R

I'll answer. I liked them both. I'm sentimental for the Jimmy Stewart original but the remake with Dennis Quaid held it's own I thought. BTW - Stewart was an accomplished pilot before he enlisted in the Air Force. He then went on to command his own squadron of B-24s and completed 20 combat...
  5. R

Vintage Taco Mini Bike Fuji 2 Stroke Engine Old Minibike

I messaged the seller and he said the Fuji motor was 80cc and that he had bought the bike 'as is' so he hadn't done any of the original build work. I assume it is a 4-speed as he did not answer that question. From what I have googled it puts out 6-7 HP and is basically a Hodaka clone. I was...
  6. R

Vintage Taco Mini Bike Fuji 2 Stroke Engine Old Minibike

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155956226655?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110025%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.COMPOSITELISTINGS%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D258160%26meid%3D8b16821a332c4db19e9f032a366c4f7d%26pid%3D101506%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D25%26sd%3D315029342584%26itm%3D155956226655%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D3458402%26a...
  7. R

Anyone know more about this twin engine bike?

Thanks Jim. And I hope they went with Max Torque on the clutches. The bike could easily be putting out 20+ HP! :scooter: :scooter: :scooter:
  8. R

Anyone have pics of how they did the drive train? I like how they mounted the engines fore and aft as opposed to the side by side Double Trouble bike ... which made for a rather wide mid section. You probably came off a little bow-legged after riding it. :)
  9. R

Are those 820s? What frame / bike did it start out as? Interesting fork design. Any pics of the other side? Would love to see how they handled the power train. ( Pic is from the 'Girls and Mini Bikes' thread #575 on p. 29 ).
  10. R

Ha! I'll admit to getting sweaty palms a couple of times while I watched. lol
  11. R

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15325794/?ref_=tt_mv_close I finally got around to watching "Fall" which had been sitting on the DVR forever. Not great but a decent "B" flick. It will get to you though if you have even an average fear of heights! Some clever filming really pumped up the altitude...
  12. R

Girls and Mini Bikes

Say ... that's a nice bike! Are those Benders? Twin 820s?
  13. R

Cheapest place for shipping a couple bikes

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/needed-mini-bike-frame-transport.178799/#post-1317604 And try doing more searches on transport, shipping, etc.
  14. R

Horstman header / muffler for a mini ?

Hey ... I wish it was mine. Just pics I snagged, probably from here. I'm working ( slooowly) on a Taco 44 with a WB 820. The thing is, on a kart it's all stuffed behind you and there's plenty of room. On a mini bike you have far less room, need to stay clear of the chain line and not fry your...
  15. R

MAYTAG ENGINE MINI BIKE

And only run it in Permanent Press mode on Cold water setting. :scooter: That's nice work on the pipe!