Predator 212 Upgraded and No Start

If you were losing air at the head gasket have you considered flattening/leveling the block deck and the head? (they might not have been true from the factory) I would try that then repeat your leak down test..
Michael
I have not but I will explore this option as well! Thank you

I was being sarcastic about the rings, sorry. Hey that gasket in the middle of your pics looks really thin.
haha all good I’m just learning and going and want to fire this thing up so id check anything . Yeah it is a pretty thin one. I was just doing some research on the different sizes and such. What is typically recommended for head gasket?

The metal chips between the head gasket will definitely give you a no compression issue. I would say if you have chips. Pull the engine completely apart and clean it out. And make sure you don’t have any clearance issues. If the rod was touching you need to clearance it a lil further than it just doing it self. When building an engine cleanliness is the most important part. If you had some under the head gasket you have some inside too. I would have that head off and inspect everything. With the compression relief on the cam 60lbs is about right.

Your picture wasn't very detailed, but it looks to me like the chips on the bench came from the corner of the head AFTER the head bolts were loosened. Did you have to pry on the head to get it off the hollow dowel?
That scar on the corner of the head didn't cause your leak, unless those chips on the bench were between the head and the block.

Your picture wasn't very detailed, but it looks to me like the chips on the bench came from the corner of the head AFTER the head bolts were loosened. Did you have to pry on the head to get it off the hollow dowel?
That scar on the corner of the head didn't cause your leak, unless those chips on the bench were between the head and the block.
I had no issues getting it off and didnt need to pry. I'm pulling it all off today. I'm not sure if the chips in the photo were between the block or not but I'm assuming so since that's heat shield we see them laying on. I'll pull it all off and inspect it today, the gasket looked fine too but I'll have a better inspection of it today. The gasket wasn't stuck either but hoping it'll show some evidence if those chips were stuck. Went ahead and ordered a fiber head gasket too.

Hello Everyone, Last night I received my parts in and I believe it was the head gasket it was very thin compared to the fiber one I ordered. With the cylinder head off I inspected and did get some better photos for you all. I got everything cleaned up, I ended upgrading the springs to 22lbs and replacing the stock rockers with champion rockers. I got everything put back together and on @sparkwizard's recommendation ran a compression test before anything else. Low and behold I was getting hitting about 45-50 on pull. Threw everything back together and boom she started right up. I honestly think it was the head gasket being too thin?? There was no chips or anything inside the engine and the head gasket was fine. Could have been a valve problem though too and I re-lapped them and put on new springs and rockers.

Attachments