Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Thanks Delray. Old Buicks rule! I worked for Buick from the early 80's to mid 90's. I've had 7 Lesabre's in a row. Sorry about your Photobucket problems. I get a better idea of the stance of a vehicle from a profile shot. Don't let that cat tear you a new @$$hole!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    not to get off the subject of minibikes... the 68 wildcat i purchase it with only 22,405 original miles and it has the 430 big block and is rated at 360hp/475ft. funny thing back in the day. they didn't even call it a muscle car...

also pickup a 1976 buick riviera fully loaded with only 16,000+ miles on it. that too has a big block(455). last year for the big blocks (GM CARS).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Cool! Love the torque of a big block.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by FOMOGO View Post
    And this one does match the original tank in size and fit if you use a factory Honda tank and not the aftermarket tank. You have to cut off the rear tab and just leave enough for a small screw to secure the rear. The front requires a cross bar to be fabbed and welded to the bottom of the backbone.

Here is a comparison of the Honda Rebel tank and the fake Baja tank, Baja tank on top of the Honda tank. A real Honda Factory tank. Not the Amazon tank which is a different dimension than the factory Honda.

The rebel tank on the Warrior.

Well I didn't read this well enough and bought the Amazon/ebay tank. $100 paper weight no way this is fitting without major surgery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by FOMOGO View Post
    And this one does match the original tank in size and fit if you use a factory Honda tank and not the aftermarket tank. You have to cut off the rear tab and just leave enough for a small screw to secure the rear. The front requires a cross bar to be fabbed and welded to the bottom of the backbone.

Here is a comparison of the Honda Rebel tank and the fake Baja tank, Baja tank on top of the Honda tank. A real Honda Factory tank. Not the Amazon tank which is a different dimension than the factory Honda.

The rebel tank on the Warrior.

Fomogo, do you have measurements for that stock rebel tank? The ebay seller is swearing the 3.5 gallon tank is the same dimensions of a stock rebel tank. I cut about 4 inches off a old seat but you have to sit half on the tank. I'm going to try and move the seat back and fab up a new mount but I'm worried the center of balance will be over the rear tire too much making this a wheelie machine.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by madtom421 View Post
    Fomogo, do you have measurements for that stock rebel tank? The ebay seller is swearing the 3.5 gallon tank is the same dimensions of a stock rebel tank.
    Here are the specs for a stock Rebel tank. 2.6 gallons and .69 reserve. 3.3 total. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CMX250C

All I can tell you is that my buddy Bruce bought one of those tanks for his Warrior and they are way bigger than the factory rebel tank. He sent it back. It is wider at the rear and slightly longer too. You can look at the pictures I posted and you can see how narrow the rear of the factory Rebel tank is. It tucks into the Warrior seat like it was made for it. No cutting needed. It is almost the exact foot print as the Warriors fake metal tank. Now I have lots of room on my build off Warrior because it was stretched. But I also have an extra Rebel tank to go on my stock Warrior.

I don't think moving the seat back a little will change the bike but I could be wrong...

Doug
    "A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin
    If stupid could fly you would be a jet.
    Duct tape cant fix stupid but it can muffle the sound.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    That pic of your seat and tank looks a bit of a nutcracker..maybe lifting the front mounting would've made fit better..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I cut the seat brackets off and I think I'm gonna try to make a Springer seat I don't think I'm going to be able to use the factory seat. The seller for the tank stopped returning my messages so I think I'm stuck with this tank

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by madtom421 View Post
    I cut the seat brackets off and I think I'm gonna try to make a Springer seat I don't think I'm going to be able to use the factory seat. The seller for the tank stopped returning my messages so I think I'm stuck with this tank

Here is one i previously looked up on ebay..it looked a little more padded then some I've seen.. Black Solo Seat 9" wide Vinyl Solo Seat for Harley or Custom Bobber, Chopper | eBay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskin View Post
    Here is one i previously looked up on ebay..it looked a little more padded then some I've seen.. Black Solo Seat 9" wide Vinyl Solo Seat for Harley or Custom Bobber, Chopper | eBay
    This is $60 and comes with the springs and hardware. Might be cool to have a little suspension in the bsck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12