Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskin View Post
    I'm new to tc so I'll just put this vid up to help you on install..this kid and his dad installed one .. need someone else to tell you which tc...good luck. https://youtu.be/usdguxmNHdo. I would make sure you want a tc coz the low speed pulling...personally i would go with a jackshaft and a 60t or larger rear sprocket coz i think you'll burn belts
    Yes you will burn belts a bit quicker, but if you're conscious about keeping it either fully engaged or fully disengaged, you'll be fine. You'd want to do the same thing with a clutch, right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    @Mordorth Iíd get the China TAV 30 series that You can find on EBay for $60 or so. BUT.... do yourself a favor and order a good belt for it. The belts supplied are know to wear quickly. A good Comet or equivalent belt will last much longer.
    The reason i recommend the China copy is because it will bolt to the Predator with little to no modification. The genuine Comet has larger gussets on the rear of the backing plate that interfere with the cylinder head. You need to do a lot of grinding. Why pay more for something youíre going to have to grind off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bye Felicia!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by minibikin' View Post
    @Mordorth I’d get the China TAV 30 series that You can find on EBay for $60 or so. BUT.... do yourself a favor and order a good belt for it. The belts supplied are know to wear quickly. A good Comet or equivalent belt will last much longer.
    The reason i recommend the China copy is because it will bolt to the Predator with little to no modification. The genuine Comet has larger gussets on the rear of the backing plate that interfere with the cylinder head. You need to do a lot of grinding. Why pay more for something you’re going to have to grind off?

Yup, I agree. When and if the pulleys go, you can always buy the replacement Comet pulleys. It'd pretty much be a Comet TC at that point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    This thread is generating a lot of reading for me. which is great.

I will likely go with the Tav30 and some comet belts. But. For the sake of argument and research. Is there a really high end centrifugal clutch? anything with 3/4 will work for me?

5. Thanks TheDullCarbide thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    [QUOTE=Mordorth;1142581] Is there a really high end centrifugal clutch? QUOTE]

https://www.google.com/search?source...go+kart+clutch

Doug
    "A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin
    If stupid could fly you would be a jet.
    Duct tape cant fix stupid but it can muffle the sound.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Warrior / predator 212 hemi upgrade advice needed.

There are plenty of good centrifugal clutches out there. However thatís a fixed gear ratio. Plus, heat is the enemy of a centrifugal clutch. The only time they get a break is under full lock up. Part throttle cruising, hills and so on are what take their toll. Properly geared you can get good life but then you have a bike that does 8-10 mph. With the TAV, it multiplies your static gear ratio by 2.7:1 under take off/low. So even if you use the 7Ē driven and have no overdrive, you still get killer low end and 1:1 final.

Bye Felicia!

8. Thanks TheDullCarbide thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    What he said... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by TheDullCarbide; 10-04-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I started breaking down the bike last night. I have not yet purchased the Tav30. some people online have mentioned having to grind down their oil caps to make them work. Is there a specific Tav30 that will fit the predator hemi and baja warrior perfectly?

I did notice on the predator engine, there is the air vent hose coming off the top of the gas tank and winding its way through the air filter before terminating somewhere. I would like to put on a nice gas tank, what do i do with this gas air vent and tube? The cool gas tanks I see online don't have that.

I have read about some people drilling small holes in the plastic casing for the predator air filter. is this a good idea?? any impact?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    The TAV30 will need a bit of modifying usually (slice off the bottom & rear oil cap trim) but is probably the best system once it's installed & running. It's not really a big deal to do, just takes a bit of thought. When I installed it on my old warrior, I had to cut the bottom of the backing plate a bit to make it clear the frame, but it didn't hurt anything & was a fairly straight-forward installation for me. The bolts are 5/16-24 X 1" to mount to the block, the ones which come with the kit are wrong. Also, a 5/16-24 X 2 1/2" bolt is what you need for the crankshaft-driver unit.
    Tav-Cut.jpg

The air hose is just a vent. If it's plugged, there will be a vacuum when the engine runs & it will act like it's running out of fuel. I just put a small fuel filter in the hose & let it dangle on mine (mud wasps build nests here...) so it works fine that way.

I swapped out the factory air box, since it's a restriction in the air intake, a better breathing motor will run better in general & pull harder. Again, I don't run without filters since we have so much dust in the desert. The picture doesn't show the "sock" covering the air filter, but I always run with one here.
    FilterMod.JPG

12. Thanks Havasu Dave thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12