Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fat bastard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Fat bastard

Hey been a while since I posted and just started to get back into my minis again. See lots cool new stuff on site. Have a warrior with 6.5 has AGK 265 cam, 18lb springs,22 mikuni no block work .question is I'm big bastard 300+lb will a torque converter work,as I remember researching them and they had weight restrictions in catalog "TAV units" I see them on two up off-road karts that gotta be that heavy. Also I guess the comet knock offs are fairly new never saw them before. I'm sure if did search on here I would find info on them but is it worth a shot for under $75 or TAV only or stick with clutch ? Thank in advance good 2b back

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I'm no expert but my best guess is that the experts would suggest that you would be fine with a TAV as long as you get the best belt available and your bike is geared properly.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I'm no expert either but have two bikes with tavs.They do put them on high output go-karts that weigh a ton so don't see a problem.True you need to have any tav coupled with the right rear sprocket to match riding area.My Trailmaster mb200-2 has a tav and a 52t rear sprocket and it does ok on inclines and dirt roads..If you weigh alot and ride off road some I'd say a 60t would be better coz tav belts will slip and wear out if gearing too high.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Iím 350+ and had a Mini Baja with a TAV and it pulled me up the hills at Windber no problem. And I only run the Chinese TAVs.Go for it.
    Last edited by gumpit; 03-11-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Gumpit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Go with the TAV. I have a 250lb two seater kart that hauls 160lb me and a 180lb friend up any hill you throw at it. Gearing and tuning are critical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Will be mostly trail riding and keeping stock size tires for time being. Definitely rather have more low end power which I think TAV will help with. Thanks for replys any thoughts on gearing Raskin mentioned a 60T and would a 40 series be considered correct or is 30 enuff?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    At Windber I watched many TAV drives running while packed with mud and grass after it had rained. They all kept working as far as I could tell, once you have a TAV drive I feel you will be very pleased with the results.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Imo a tav 30 would be good with your requirements.You are not running extreme torque or hp so you should be fine.I usually see tav 40s with big engines like pred 420s.. Cheers
    Last edited by Raskin; 03-12-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Thanks for replys guess time to do it! I've used AGK in the past but don't think they carry them . Seems like every YouTube channel is supported by go Powersport's. Do any oldminibike.com sponsors carry them? Geez I might as well have one of u guys put dam thing on for me as much as hand holding I'm asking on this already lol

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BUDBUELL View Post
    Thanks for replys guess time to do it! I've used AGK in the past but don't think they carry them . Seems like every YouTube channel is supported by go Powersport's. Do any oldminibike.com sponsors carry them? Geez I might as well have one of u guys put dam thing on for me as much as hand holding I'm asking on this already lol
    https://www.ombwarehouse.com/mini-bi...ue-converters/ also not sure you will need a 2 1/2 inch 5/16 -24 fine bolt mounting kit because you may need non metric for mounting driver on shaft
    Last edited by Raskin; 03-13-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast