Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Well, the build and the event were both a huge sucess! Ended up building a goofy front fork using mountain bike parts. Also added a front disk brake that worked great. Well, didn't really stop me, but way better than nothing, hahah. Stretched the frame both higher and longer, moved the foot pegs (250f pegs), installed the 212 and torque converter, and put a snow blower paddle tire on. Did it all at the last second and hit the road.
    Hit the Gambler 100 mini bike enduro near Bend, Or. and gave 'er hell. Finished 8th out of 92 teams and the only problem we had was that the bolts holding the fender on fell off. The bike and team charged all day and wore giant smiles the whole time. 100 offroad miles of bliss.
    So Much Fun! IMG_1623.JPGIMG_1623.JPG

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Awsum! Bike looks great.Sounds like a good time..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Man I wish we had something like that down here. That sounds like a blast! We do a lot of trail riding but I love me some racing! Bike looks good too, the TAV really wakes them up. Glad you had a great time. Post some pics from the racing if you have any!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    My son and I did it also, and we finished despite only one broken chain, which we fixed and were able to continue, the question that I have
    is how did you find out your standings? I emailed around but could not find anyone who had that info. Glad you had a great time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by klrwq View Post
    My son and I did it also, and we finished despite only one broken chain, which we fixed and were able to continue, the question that I have
    is how did you find out your standings? I emailed around but could not find anyone who had that info. Glad you had a great time.
    Not sure there were any "official" standings, as placement isn't really the point to the Gamblers. Also, a "speed competition" on public land takes some permits that are hard to come by. But we just looked at all the time sheets on the board when we were done. Unofficial 8th place, but really it was just about the smiles of doing such a ridiculous event. So much fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    [B]I know that the point was just to have fun, but out of all the riders/teams that there were, It would have been nice to just know how well
    a team did. my son and I had a blast and were already talking about next years run. ABG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12