Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Correct B&S 3HP Engine for a 67 Taco 22

Wondering if someone can help me out with an engine question. I want to install a period correct 3HP Briggs & Stratton engine in my 67 Taco 22. My question has to do with the engine Model number, should it be a 80202? I haven't been able to locate a 80202 with a 67 Code but I did find a 80302 with the correct 67 Code number. What is the difference between a 80202 and a 80302?

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Zooming993 View Post
    Wondering if someone can help me out with an engine question. I want to install a period correct 3HP Briggs & Stratton engine in my 67 Taco 22. My question has to do with the engine Model number, should it be a 80202? I haven't been able to locate a 80202 with a 67 Code but I did find a 80302 with the correct 67 Code number. What is the difference between a 80202 and a 80302?
    Thanks
    The third digit refers to the type of carb the engine had. A "2" would be a "Pulsa-Jet"carb that uses a diaphragm (no float bowl) and the carb is mounted directly on top of the fuel tank. A "3" would be a "Flow-Jet" carb with a conventional float bowl that uses a separate fuel tank. A "period -correct" engine for your 1967 Taco would have been Model # 80202.
    Michael

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Creia,

Thank you very much for the reply, it was very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by creia View Post
    The third digit refers to the type of carb the engine had. A "2" would be a "Pulsa-Jet"carb that uses a diaphragm (no float bowl) and the carb is mounted directly on top of the fuel tank. A "3" would be a "Flow-Jet" carb with a conventional float bowl that uses a separate fuel tank. A "period -correct" engine for your 1967 Taco would have been Model # 80202.
    Michael