Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Well...i'm 96.9% sure i'm giving up on the fuel tank.

It has 2 problems now:
    1st...rust in the tank (could cure this i know) but also has a major leak in a VERY hard spot to fix...some body decided they'd unattach the brace on the block and somehow bent the brace and when they did the spot welds on the brace to take caused the tank to leak there...it's a VERY bad spot to try to fix .

2nd..Upon taking the tank on and off about 5 times I've now stripped one of the screw holes out of 3 that attach the tank to the carb and also one of the screws (the one that stripped the hole in the tank)

I've got some extra screws and could possibly tap and die the hole and the screw with a cheapie from Harbor Freight, if the cheapie set were to fit it.

SO....here's my problem now. I really want to stay with the same design fuel tank...not the "newer" or "replacement"

Here's the replacement on Partstree that I DO NOT like...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Brig...w=1366&bih=637

My question to anyone who may help is ...Does anyone know the part number for this engine that is the 2 quart for this 3hp motor that is fully square WITHOUT the new design on the fuel tank opening?

Just for tank design reference...this is what i'm wanting but do not know the part number for this style of fuel tank that will fit this 3hp motor...

https://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Stratt...5QH3K5BJ97QC61
    Last edited by badkisson; 05-28-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Bump for any input on how i'm going to replace this fuel tank with the exact original part....

Anyone ?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    This should be the correct tank: 397789

~Wilderness~Knight Rider~Trail Bike~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    That part number is one that has the funky NEW slated opening...

I'm looking for the part number for the OLD square tank...

like this one !!!

https://www.savedfromscrapparts.com/...ASSY-U1181.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I got him the original number for his tank.......... Naturally out of stock, but it's a start for him to look on the web for one...

He wants to keep the original look to it............. I don't blame him for that.... I have a 2 HP that I want to keep original also......

6. Thanks badkisson thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    The new style is the replacement for the old style. I don't think he's going to get a new tank from anyone, unless someone warehoused one from when the older engines were produced. Better to get a used one and refurbish it.

Also, the new tanks with the slant opening have an extra hole and nut for the newer style kazoo carbonators, so that both carbonators, old and new can be used with them. The appropriate gasket covers the unused hole. Mostly.

8. Thanks badkisson thanked for this post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Hello
    I have a NOS engine model 80232 type 0036-01 code 7204273 that has that exact gas tank.I won’t sell this tank but I have at least three of this type tank that are used in good shape.If you are interested PM me and I will pull the engines out and check the tanks very well to make sure they are in great shape.
    Jay
    Last edited by Jjtwospeed; 06-08-2018 at 08:18 PM.

10. Thanks badkisson thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Hey Dave long time no talk to...... Yep he doesn't want a brand new tank because that is almost impossible to find unless someone has some NOS stuff.......... He has the numbers now so at least he is in the right direction......

Speed wow you got 3 of of those old tanks ??? Great deal buddy.. Hook him up.... Brent is a great guy.......

Plus Tard Mes Amies ~!~!

12. Thanks badkisson thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Thx for er'bodys help so far. Someone offered a gas tank but i don't think it's correct....and i'm going to try to seal the one i have.

The long pickup brass tube had a hairline crack in it almost the entire length of the tube...sealed it with Krazy Glue...!!

Ran it for about 20 mins on Sunday....

It's a work in progress....hopefully keep progressing on this. Waiting on some gaskets to show up.

Here's a quick video of it i put up on youtube...

Shakin' the block with 8 cubic inches !

Last edited by badkisson; 07-11-2018 at 01:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12