Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "barn find"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by capguncowboy View Post
    it's listed back up as a Buy it Now, at $475. I'd buy it at that price, if I didn't already have a couple of complete Gilsons
    Thought you had a wanted ad up?

Somebody needs to get it before Pete grabs it to build his personal show gilson army.

I bet it wasn't bringing close enough to what they really wanted or was told it should bring so they just ended it. If it was closer I would jump on it. I'd be happy with 2 of them.
    Last edited by neo71665; 03-16-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by neo71665 View Post

Somebody needs to get it before Pete grabs it to build his personal show gilson army.
    That was control4userguy

I had actually considered selling my complete lighted Gilson 2 speed to him, but thought better of it
    I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of dying. I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my father did -- not like his screaming passengers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by capguncowboy View Post
    That was control4userguy
    Correct, sorry

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Ended again , what's that the 3rd time now... This individual doesn't have time to allow a commercial transporter onsite but always has time to play games on ebay.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Last try here- Is anyone on this forum interested in picking-up and flipping it? If so, see my WTB https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/w...-survivor.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by neo71665 View Post

I bet it wasn't bringing close enough to what they really wanted or was told it should bring so they just ended it. If it was closer I would jump on it. I'd be happy with 2 of them.
    Naw, don't need a complete one. Just give me bones....my new one is going to be different....
    Wilderness~Copperhead~Trail Bike

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    So, for the price of the theoretical "barn find", one can obtain the mythical GIL 15 (or is it 13?). Just imagine this in your living room, dining room or even suitable for a bedroom. Yep, you got that right, reverse-HS forks, upside down/dangler shocks, custom drivetrain and none of the extraneous crap like chain guards, brake assy., Riversides, remote tank, etc..
    Pile.jpg
    Last edited by control4userguy; 03-22-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    [QUOTE=control4userguy;1107525]So, for the price of the theoretical "barn find", one can obtain the mythical GIL 15 (or is it 13?). Just imagine this in your living room, dining room or even suitable for a bedroom. Yep, you got that right, reverse-HS forks, upside down/dangler shocks, custom drivetrain and none of the extraneous crap like chain guards, brake assy., Riversides, remote tank, etc..
    [QUOTE]
    @control4userguy ---or someone can go back and get the "barn find" newly listed (again!)...complete with half eaten, dangling clutch guard, frozen jackshaft, etc. That chick has listing issues ..... 1970 mini bike Montgomery ward barn find
    Wilderness~Copperhead~Trail Bike

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    ^Yeah, that's a shame too. I would guess many true time-capsules fall into the hands of pickers (pick-up only condition) or locals with no interest other to run them around their farm. This listing feels valid as I was on their good-side for several emails until I mentioned the dreaded transporter...

BTW, I'm not seeing the defects you pointed out. Compared to some of the "offers-to-consider" I have received, this one is choice. I'm starting to think that money doesn't talk with these. You either accept them in un-original/pieced-together condition, incomplete condition or don't take them at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by control4userguy View Post
    or locals with no interest other to run them around their farm.

Easy now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast