Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "barn find"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    ^Not so fast, you haven't posted progress photos of your 424 in awhile...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by control4userguy View Post
    ^Not so fast, you haven't posted progress photos of your 424 in awhile...
    Posted a painted "test" tonight

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    ^Yeah, that's a shame too. I would guess many true time-capsules fall into the hands of pickers (pick-up only condition) or locals with no interest other to run them around their farm. This listing feels valid as I was on their good-side for several emails until I mentioned the dreaded transporter...

BTW, I'm not seeing the defects you pointed out. Compared to some of the "offers-to-consider" I have received, this one is choice. I'm starting to think that money doesn't talk with these. You either accept them in un-original/pieced-together condition, incomplete condition or don't take them at all.
    The lower half of the clutch guard is rotted...the most valuable part of these beauties. I don't disagree re: a choice pick-up. My first was in about the same condition but for $75 w/o engine. Add $200 more the guards, and I had $275 in it to start. But a grand (with shipping) to start...whew!
    Wilderness~Copperhead~Trail Bike

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    ^Clutch guard is fine. What you may not be seeing is the the dirt background is melding with the dirt on the guard giving the appearance of uneven lines. A grand is not to start, that was my all-in budget. As I stated, doing nothing is an option. The potential candidates, other than this one, are in far worse shape and would require substantial cash infusions.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    ^Clutch guard is fine. What you may not be seeing is the the dirt background is melding with the dirt on the guard giving the appearance of uneven lines. A grand is not to start, that was my all-in budget. As I stated, doing nothing is an option. The potential candidates, other than this one, are in far worse shape and would require substantial cash infusions.
    Maybe I really do need new glasses or I just have to start sitting in front of my 27" monitors full time (I was on the forum the other night with the big screen for the first time...whoa ) BTW, I did mean $1000 before even touching the bike (which is gone again....).
    Wilderness~Copperhead~Trail Bike

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234